Forty Two

Year 4

Goblet of Fire

Today is the day of the Yule Ball and Hermione and I are getting ready. My mother sent me a light blue dress with flowers on it and it was beautiful. I was able to change my hair back to its natural color and Hermione styled it. I did Hermione's hair and makeup and she got dressed. I slip my heels on and put on the earrings and necklace my mother sent with the dress.

"You ready?" Hermione asks.

"No. But I don't think I'll get any more courage to go out there so let's go." I say. Everyone was waiting for the doors to open so nobody saw Hermione or me running down the staircases that continuously move from under us. We finally make it to the stairs but we both wait around the corner to catch our breaths.

"Let's go." Hermione confidently says and she appears at the top of the staircase. I watch Viktor give her his arm and I take a deep breath before standing at the top. I couldn't help but grin at the people who look so happy and excited. Suddenly a loud shriek is heard and everyone turns to Pansy who's looking at me with wide eyes. Everyone turns to me and the chatter stops. I carefully walk down the stairs and I see Draco standing at the bottom with his jaw dropped. I see Leia and Dahlia with huge grins. I finally reach the bottom and I put my finger under Draco's jaw and gently close it.

"Y-you look beautiful." He compliments.

"You're not too bad yourself." I say with a smirk.

He offers his arm and I gladly take it. I see Professor McGonagall open the doors to The Great Hall and it's completely transformed. The walls and roof look like they're made of ice and snow gently falls from the roof. I see Cedric with Cho Chang and I give him a small smile. He returns it and Draco leads me to the front of the crowd. We watch the champions and their dates make their entrance and everyone claps for them. I hear Ron stuttering in complete disbelief that Hermione is Viktor's date. We watch as the champions dance for a while until Dumbledore and McGonagall go on the dance floor.

They're soon followed by other teachers and students. Draco looks absolutely hot in his outfit and he's been super sweet. I look at all of the happy students and then Draco turns to me. He sticks his hand out with a smug smile.

"May I have this dance?" He asks.

"And if I say no?" I challenge.

"You can't resist me."

"Fine. You can have this dance." I say as I take his hand. He leads me out to the dance floor and I put one of my hands on his shoulder and another in his hand. His hand that isn't in mine is on my waist and we dance. We spin and I go in the air a few times until the band at the front starts to perform. We all dance like crazy and I see Hermione and Viktor actually having fun. Draco suddenly takes my hand and leads me out of The Great Hall.

We walk a few feet away and he pushes me on the wall.

"What are you doing?" I ask with confusion in my voice. All he does is smirk and lean to my ear.

"You are stunning and I've barely talked to you at all." His whispers. His voice is low and husky and sent a good shiver down my spine. "I like you, Y/N. I like you a lot so that's why I'm using all the courage I have to ask you this. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Will you be my girlfriend?

Holy-- Before I can even think, I gently place my lips on his soft and sugary lips.

"Is that a yes?" He worriedly asks.

"Yes! Yes, yes, oh my gosh yes!" I shout with a huge smile. He smashes his lips back on mine and I run my fingers through his hair. He deepens the kiss but after a minute we both pull away for air. I smile as I see my watermelon lip gloss on him. I wipe it off his red and swollen lips. I hear Ron and Hermione's voice shouting at each other and I realize the Yule Ball ended a few seconds ago. Students clear out and when I look to my side, I see Hermione on the stairs crying.