Four

Year 1

The Philosophers Stone

We run out of the bathroom and shoot down the hall, getting weird looks from a few people. We get to the library and walk over to the restricted area and Hermione grabs a book from the shelf and leads me over to a table.

"Hermione what are you looking for?" I ask, confused as to why she would need a book to find out who did this.

"A certain page. It's called The Cursed Necklace." she said quietly so nobody could hear but me. "Found it! Look, it reads: One who receives a necklace of a dove in a package with no name but their own, shall be cursed if you wear it. Emotions are heightened and the witch or wizard using the dark magic to create this, is jealous, angry, upset, or even vengeful. Never wear the necklace. Destroy it, and be free. Wow, so someone was trying to curse you!" Hermione whisper shouted. I thought of who would try to curse me with such dark magic, but it hit me. It wasn't Draco because why would he risk his own life by giving the necklace to me, but someone in Slytherin house.

The snake eats the bird.

"It's someone in Slytherin house. And I have a good idea of who." I told her. She looked at me with an unreadable expression on her face but I just gestured for her to follow. I knew a girl really well in Slytherin so I knew she would let me in. We put the book back into its original spot and walked out of the doors. We ran up the stairs to the Slytherin doors and I knocked on them.

"Hey Y/N, what's up?" an unknown girl asked as she opened them.

"I'm here to speak with Becca Efrey." I told her and she let us inside. I grabbed Hermione's arm and walked with her into the green common room.

"I'll let Becca know you're here, Y/N." the girl said and we nodded. A few seconds go by and Becca walks down.

"Hey, Y/N! What's up?" The blonde asked in a cheery voice.

"I need to speak with Pansy Parkinson." I said and she nodded calling for Pansy. She soon walked down to the common room and Becca left.

"You called me here, Y/N?" Pansy asked looking surprised I would show. Even a bit frightened. I looked at Hermione and I could tell she understood Pansy was the person who gave me the necklace.

"I just heard Draco was really into you. He stopped wanting to become friends with me after the whole incident outside." I said as convincingly as possible. She looked at me with a huge smile but her eyes moved to my neck.

"Where's your necklace?" she asked with worry growing in her voice. She was too distracted by me, that Hermione went to block the only exit which was behind her. I looked down at my chest and then back up to meet her eyes.

"How would you know about my necklace? I only told my closest friends about it, and I hid it under my shirt. Unless... you made it." I accused her. She turned around to run but Hermione was in her way with her wand drawn. Pansy was also quick to get her wand out as well.

"You don't get to leave after cursing my best friend you filthy roach! Expelliarmus!" she shouted making Pansy stand still in fear without a wand for defence.

"I'm sorry! Ok! I know it was wrong to do it, but all Draco did was talk about her! Y/N this, Y/N that, Y/N is beautiful. All Slytherin house ever heard was your name coming out of his mouth! I've liked Draco since I first looked at him, and you don't get to take that away from me!" Pansy snapped, admitting to everything she'd done right in front of Draco who was currently walking down the stairs.

To be honest, I was confused as to why Draco would be talking to everyone in Slytherin about me. He shoved past Hermione and walked right up to Pansy. She straightened her hair out and was flirtatiously smiling at him as if he hadn't been right there.

"You did what?!" he shouted at her making her flinch just a bit.

"Oh come on Drakey, you don't seriously like that filthy pain in the arse still after what she did, do you? You should be grateful I cursed her!" she twirled her hair as if it was nothing at all.

"She only did that because you made her! You found out she was even more powerful than you, so you cursed her!" he hissed at her. He walked away and I just smiled and walked away from her with my back turned. I stood next to Hermione for and moment and whipped my head back at her.

"Oh, and Pig-nose Parkinson? If you want to put a curse on a Moonlight, be sure to use something better and stronger than a dove necklace." I mocked, as I saw her face in a deep frown and I turned around with Hermione as we walked out on the Slytherin common room laughing like two mean girls.

"Y/N that was brilliant! How did you know it was her though?" Hermione asked.

"Her dad and my dad are friends. We used to hang out with each other all the time and all she ever talked about was Draco. When I told her to stop obsessing over a boy she's never met, we never hung out again." I clarified. She nodded as we headed back to our dorm.

I was laying on one of the couches in the common room with my nose shoved in a book when Harry and Ron come bursting through the doors cheering. "Will you guys be a little quiet? Bloody hell, what are you even cheering so loudly for?" I questioned with annoyance in my voice.

"Harry is the new Seeker for Gryffindor! Youngest one in a century." Ron shouted. I slammed my book shut and sat up, starting at them.

"That's amazing Harry, but you guys should head to bed and keep the shouting to a minimal for everyone's sake." I joked as I layed back down and heard them run up the stairs. I grabbed a piece of paper and began writing.

Dear Mom and Dad,

Hogwarts has been amazing so far. Draco and I are getting to know each other and I've befriended Harry Potter. I've ran into a few snags, but everything had worked out. The first Quidditch game is coming up and I'm very excited. I miss you guys.

Love,

Y/N Moonlight

I sealed the paper into an envelope and had my owl take it to them. I went to my dorm room and got in bed, but I couldn't fall asleep. I know what I am about to do is extremely dangerous but I don't think I have much of a choice. I got up from the warmth of my blankets and carefully walked out of the door in a white cropped tank top and red plaid pajamas. I walked to the common room and I was opening the door slowly.

"Where do you think you're going Y/N?" a familiar voice asked.

Crap.

"I'm just headed for a midnight stroll. Hermione." I told her and walked out of the door but she grabbed my arm stopping me.

"I know what you're about to do. So if I can't stop you, I'm going with you." she addressed firmly. I let out a sigh and allowed her to follow me. We walked for a while until we reached the Room of Requirement. We saw the doors appear and we walked inside.

"You might want to stand back. I've been doing some reading and as you know I can do magic without a wand. So apparently, when the dark magic was used on me from my necklace, the dark magic was put inside me, which is allowing me to feel every ounce of magic in me. All I need to do to release the magic, is to scream." I told her. She nodded going to the corner of the room furthest away from me and so I began to scream. I watched as black clouds came from my hands, which I assumed was the dark magic, and I didn't stop until it was all out.

"Feel better?" she hesitantly asked. I nodded and we grabbed our things and headed back.

This time when I went to bed, I fell asleep within seconds.