Aftermath

It had been a week after the trial took place. The Iida family had become guardians to the Todoroki siblings. Shortly after Endeavor got situated in prison, Rei's family was found from the contract that Aizawa had found for evidence. They had been given prison time for enacting in the act of illegal marriage since they sold their daughter to the flame hero.

They were given a lighter load than Endeavor, but they still had to serve over 20 years in jail for their part in the whole situation.

Kayama Nemuri had been given the rights to oversee Rei's condition in the hospital until she is ready.

Speaking of Midnight, she was actually on the way to see Rei right now since she dropped off Izuku to hang out with Hitoshi.

"Hello, I'm here to see Miss Rei." Nemuri greeted, showing the young nurse her identification.

"Yes, you called ahead on the way here. Please come with me, Miss Kayama." The nurse smiled, leading her down the hall.

"Right this way," the nurse said softly as they made their way through the halls before stopping in front of the door. "She's inside this room right here. Come get me if you need anything else."

"Yes, thank you," Nemuri responded back to the kind nurse before they walked away. She took a deep breath before calmly opening the door to the small room.

"Hello. Miss Rei?" Nemuri asked softly.

Rei turned her head away from the window, "Yes? Who is it?"

"I'm Kayam Nemuri. I'm here to talk to you about some things that you might not have been informed of." Nemuri introduced herself with a slight bow.

"Okay... What is it?" Rei questioned, growing worried.

Nemuri smiled, "Well, to begin I'm now in charge of you stay here."

"What?" Rei asked, surprised.

Nemuri's eyes widened, "Oh, let me start from the beginning. You see, it all kind of started when my son had met yours at the hospital.."

And Rei listened to Nemuri as she explained what had happened to her previous husband and her children. Rei was mostly calm the whole time until she start ped to weep once Nemuri said that they were all safe.

Nemuri added, "My trusted friend's family has been enlisted as their guardians. I promise you that they are and forever will be safe from him from now on, especially you."

Rei softly said, "I'm so glad... I'm so glad that they can be happier."

"I promise you that I will make sure you are taken good care of. Is the hospital okay? No bad nurses I should be wary of?" Nemuri asked.

Rei smiled softly, wiping her tears with the tissues that Nemuri handed her. "No, everyone has been so kind to me. I hope that one day when I trust myself enough, I can visit my children again."

"I can always bring them here to visit you if you are ready." Nemuri nodded with a smile. "I brought some letters from your children, I brought some books for you to read, and I also brought you some activity books to pass time with."

"Why thank you." Rei smiled, laughing a bit as she saw the amount of stuff that the young lady had pulled out of her bag.

Rei smiled as Nemuri talked to her about everything under the sun while keeping her company for about two hours. She heard many stories of the young woman's son that seemed to make friends quickly.

*

Ever since their father went to jail, all of the siblings still was recovering from the fact that he was gone, he wouldn't be there to hurt them anymore.