The Slow Start of Izuku's Training

It had not been that long since Izuku went under fire exposure therapy. It had only been about three months or so since then. And just a day ago was Izuku's eighth birthday. And after the party and festivities with everyone, she came to reflect on how much the others were growing. They seemed to be growing so fast, too fast for her liking.

Natsuo was thinking over going into medical studies after he goes to high school, but he still has a long way to go since he is still in middle school. Fuyumi was already in high school with the intent of trying to get her teaching degree to teach young children.

Touya is having fun being a sidekick to Ingenium, and the only complaint he had was with the paperwork. Nemuri would laugh when she ran into Touya if she ever visited Ingenium's agency if he was stuck doing paperwork. She lost count of how many times that she has seen his head slumped against the desk.

Tensei informed her that Tenya had recently asked for him to guide him through training or at least give him some tips on how to start. And now she was sitting in her couch late at night, wondering about what to do if Izuku came to her about the topic of training.

"Mom?"

Nemuri looked up from the television to spot Izuku's head peeking out from the hallway. "Yes? Does Miku want to go for a walk?"

Izuku shook his head. He came out into view to approach his mother, "No, she is taking a nap right now. But, uh, I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure. What is it?" Nemuri asked, leaning against the armrest of the couch.

"Can I start training? I'm already working on my quirk step by step, but I want to do more things. I want to learn how to fight," Izuku responded.

"Are you absolutely sure? Are you ready for it?" She asked, resting her chin in her hand.

Izuku nodded quickly, "Yes! I thought hard about it! I want to do this!"

"Alright," Nemuri said, straightening up, "Then I will support you and help you along the way. Do you have any plan of what you want to do first? Stamina? Flexibility? Fighting skill?"

Izuku looked down at his hands, "I was thinking starting off slow in almost everything."

"Gotcha," Nemuri said as Izuku came to sit next to her. Once he plopped down, she opened a notebook app on her phone. "Considering your age, I don't want to do anything too harsh this early. For right now, let's focus on increasing your flexibility. Maybe some training in yoga will help with your flexibility and train your mind. Meditation will help train your attention and awareness. And you can always start doing gymnastic to combine strength and flexibility. This would be good safe start to your training, and we could move on to more stamina training afterwards."

Izuku nodded his head as Kayama continued to look up places on her phone to start his training. The night ended with her finding three places for Izuzku to begin his training.

And his friends were invited as well.

*

And that is how Izuku and Nemuri were following with Momo as they took a yoga class together. Momo was delighted to join in the activity on that weekend under the promise that they would have tea afterwards.

After a mostly relaxing round of stretching, they followed the instructor into the first pose.

"Bend your knee slightly. Reach those hips high into the air," the instructor guided the small class into the downward dog position. "Make sure your fingers are fanned out wide to have your weight distributed evenly throughout your whole hand."

Nemuri breathed out as they began walking their hands back to their feet. Izuku had to be reminded softly by Momo to keep his knees bent. And then they slowly rose up from their position and stretched again.