{THE GIRL WHO WAITED - 3}

A/N: Comments and votes mean the world since I thrive of Validation.

----------&----------

The Doctor sighed as he approached the library, he'd left Rory to talk to Older Amy so he could check up on his daughter. And of course, she was in the library, that's where Willow always went...

"Hey, " he greets and Alex looks up from the leather sofa, quickly wiping away some stray tears

"I'm fine, I just needed a moment," The Doctor comes to sit next to her

"Well...In my experience, crying usually means something's wrong,"

"I just..." Alex tries to start but just ends up putting her head in her hands "Mum's in life threatening situations all the time, and she's always fine and rushes back into the TARDIS before she makes us a cuppa and puts The Chase on,"

"She does like The Chase. I'm slightly worried she'll go on there herself one day," The Doctor nods, trying to get a smile out of his daughter

"She's never actually died before,"

"I know," The Doctor wraps an arm around Alex "but we're getting her back, Rory is talking to Amy now she wouldn't give up the chance to save Willow,"

"Are you sure?" Alex asks through tears

"'Course I am...because me and your mum would never let that happen to you, and Amy and Rory will never let it happen to her," the Doctor promises before he lets go of her "Now, come on, we're got to convince an annoyed woman to change time itself," The Doctor starts to leave but Alex blurts something out.

"Are you and Mum okay?" The Doctor is unusually quiet and looks down "So that's a no..."

"I just...I messed up a while ago and I don't know how to apologise..."

"The Melody/River thing?" Alex asks and The Doctor nods "I think she understands, Mum's smart, she knew what you were doing. But she just wants to be in the loop, she wants to know you trust her. She just wants us all to be safe,"

"Yeah..."

"Just talk to her, tell her you'll tell her everything from now on and actually do it. She'll know if you're lying," Alex warns, standing up and existing the library "Come on! We've got two women to save!"

----------&----------

Older Amy won't help younger her and Willow and after a brief argument with The Doctor, Rory takes off the glasses and throws them away, tears starting to pool in his eyes. In the TARDIS, the Doctor and Alex can hear two women crying.

"Rory, is the Time Glass still on? If the link's still active, I think I can hear Amy. Our Amy," Rory raises the glass up and when he looks through it, Amy is standing nearby, Willow holding her legs as tears slowly slip down her face.