{A TOWN CALLED MERCY - 2}

"When this is all done, do you want us to take you home?" Amy asks Jex, they were alone in the office. Oliver was with Isaac and Rory, tricking the Gunslinger, and Willow was escorting Emily to the Saloon, helping her collect her's and Oliver's stuff.

"Thank you, but I've already given everything I have to the Kahler. My skills, energy, all that was good in me. Here, I could start afresh... I could remember myself and help people. That's all I ever wanted to do," Jex trails off "...end suffering,"

Amy smiles gently, picking up Isaac's jacket over Jex's shoulders "Here,

"You're a mother, aren't you?"

"How did you know?"

"There's kindness in your eyes. And sadness..." he stares at her "but a ferocity too,"

"Yeah well.... It wasn't exactly straight forward," Amy looks outside the window, where Willow was walking down the street and into the Post Office.

"It seldom is..."

"And what about you? Are you a father?"

Jex thinks for a moment "Yes. In a way, I suppose I am,".

----------&----------

An alarm starts blaring around town and Amy and Jex step out into the wooden porch

"That's the alarm on my ship..."

"Maybe the Doctor wants to get it working again?" Amy guesses

"But that wasn't the plan. He's not following the plan!" Jex storms inside

"Welcome to my world," Amy mutters, staying outside. Willow comes out of the Saloon and steps up to Amy.

"What the hell is that?"

"Jex's ship alarm, The Doctor must be looking around,"

"Hm," Willow sighs, looking out at the town

"Come on," Amy nudges her slightly and they both enter the marshal's office, where Jex is now pointing a revolver at both their heads,

"I'm sorry, Amy. He really should have followed the plan," both women sigh, watching as Jex starts packing, "Isaac says he doesn't care about my past, but things may have been uncovered that even he might struggle to forgive, so it's best we beat a hasty retreat,"

"We?" Willow asks, studying how Jex holds his gun

"We're coming with you?!"

"It's unlikely the Gunslinger will shoot if I'm with either of you. As far as I can tell, he's programmed to take innocent lives only if absolutely necessary,"

"Oh, well, colour me reassured!"

Jex opens the door, but a gun is shoved into the back of his head.