Chapter Three: Fifth Year, September

The following Thursday night found Hermione overstaying her welcome in the library, Madam Pince kicking her out just before 11pm, and once again walking the corridors back to her common room in a half asleep state.

As she walked past the same broom cupboard she found herself in last week a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her into the darkness. She gasped, working herself up to a scream, when a voice tickled her ear.

'It's only me.' He said. 'I wanted a repeat of last week and when I saw you leaving the library I figured I'd grab you while I could.'

Hermione pushed his chest away and glared at him in the darkness. Before she could fire abuse at him for scaring her and presuming she would want to do this again, his lips met hers in an almost crushing ferocity and the words tumbled out of her head.

'Tell me to stop.' He whispered against her lips. 'Say the words.' He mumbled against her jaw as he turned her head to the side, exposing her neck. 'And I'll stop.' His teeth lightly scraped the sensitive skin covering Hermione's collarbone as he unbuttoned her shirt and she let out a quiet moan.

'Don't stop.' She whispered as he sucked at the skin, causing a bruise to form. 'But that's as many undone buttons as you're allowed.'

'So bossy. Are you always this bossy during a snog?' He smirked against her skin. Where his lips had been sucking, Hermione felt the bruise and knew she would have to keep her shirt buttoned at all times for the next week in case anyone saw, but the thought sent a pleasurable shiver up her  spine and she didn't shout at him for doing it.

'You'll have to find out.' Hermione mumbled when she remembered that he'd asked a question.

'So you've thought about doing this again?' He drawled.

'I'm assuming you're going to drag me into a broom cupboard again, yes.'

He pushed his body into hers, flattening her against the door and caging her in with his arms. 'Same time, same day. We don't speak of this outside of this broom cupboard. We don't mention anything that happens out there, in here. Deal?'

Hermione felt his hand held out, the tips of his fingers lightly pressing into her stomach. Without hesitation she grasped her hand in his and shook it once.

'Perfect.' He growled, hooking his hands under her thighs and pressing her into the door as he kissed her again.

Hermione slipped her hands over his shoulders as he slipped his tongue into her mouth and breathed a moan against his lips. His hands dug into her thighs at the sound and she couldn't help the involuntary shift of her hips against him. At the movement, Hermione felt a groan rumble through his chest, spurring her on to do it again.

'Keep doing that and I'll be undoing more than three buttons.' He growled against her jaw.

Hermione unhooked her legs from around his waist and slid down his tall, lean frame until her feet were firmly planted on the floor.

'I'm sorry I got carried away.' She mumbled, doing her buttons up and blushing in the darkness. 'I should go.'

'Until next time, Granger.' He whispered against her ear as she righted her uniform.

'I have a new rule.' She blurted before she left the cupboard.

'And what might that be?' He asked, a knowing smirk on his face.

'In here, there are no surnames.' She demanded, running her hand up his chest one last time.

'Okay, Hermione.' He whispered, drawing out the syllables in an almost teasing manner. She tried to hide the shiver that ran up her spine at the sound of her name coming from his voice.

'Goodnight.' She whispered back, pressing into him. 'Draco.'

She turned to leave, a small smile on her face, when his hand shot out and gently spun her around by the neck. She gasped when Draco's mouth met hers in a fiery kiss, deep with want. Despite thinking their late night meeting was over she couldn't help but melt into his touch and let him press her against the door for an extra ten minutes.

As Draco's lips travelled down Hermione's neck and into the collar of her shirt, she finally pushed him away.

'I have to go.' She said. 'It's late.'

'Fine.' He replied, straightening his robes as Hermione neatened up her shirt. 'Don't forget the rules.'

'I won't, Draco.' She said, earning one last kiss from him as his name fell from her lips.

'Merlin, if I ever hear you call me Draco outside of this broom cupboard...' he whispered against her lips. Shivers ran up Hermione's spine and she quickly pecked his cheek before practically running from the broom cupboard. She didn't stop until she was through the portrait hole and was safely in the Gryffindor common room. Luckily no one was around to see her return at gone midnight with her hair a mess and a deep purple bruise just visible beneath her shirt.

'What have I gotten myself into?' She muttered, a small laugh escaping from her lips, as she went into her dormitory and collapsed into bed.