Chapter Thirty Four: 2011, September

'Dad, I'm scared.'

Draco turned around when he felt a tug on his sleeve and heard his daughter's quiet voice. He led her to a quieter part of the busy station and knelt down in front of her.

'Why are you scared, darling?' He whispered.

'What if I'm no good?' She asked, tears shining in her eyes. 'Scorpius is already doing magic and he's only five, I've never done anything like that.'

'Lyra,' Draco said as he cupped his daughter's cheeks. 'You will be so talented, no matter what. You could fail all of your exams, barely light a match with your wand, and never be able to fly a broom. But, I will still love you, and I will still be proud of you.'

'Really?' She mumbled.

'Of course.' He replied.

'Okay.' She whispered back, taking a deep breath and placing a determined look on her face.

'You'll have James and Teddy to look out for you, but you still have to write to your mother and I once a month, okay?' Draco said, placing a kiss on her pale blonde head, before he stood up and took his daughter's hand.

'Yes, dad.' She agreed, but he knew that would be out of the window after the first letter.

They walked back towards the rest of the family, who were stood talking to the Potters, and Lyra let go of Draco's hand. She smiled up at him, he gave her a nod of encouragement, and she turned and gave Hermione a hug goodbye.

The two families watched as James and Lyra carried their trunks onto the train, finding Teddy as they did, and all three children waved as the train set off.

'Was she okay?' Hermione asked, turning to Draco.

'Just a bit scared.' Draco replied. 'She's worried she won't be any good at school.'

'I've told her so many times that she shouldn't worry about not having done accidental magic before.' Hermione said as she adjusted the small, sleeping child resting on her hip.

They had left Scorpius with Narcissa and Andromeda for the morning, he had far too much energy and a nose for trouble which meant that they couldn't bring him with them as they dropped Lyra off. Cassiopeia, their ten month old, on the other hand was far too clingy and would cry non-stop whenever Hermione and Draco left her so they brought her along to save her lungs.

'She'll be perfect.' Draco nodded. 'She's our daughter.'

'I can't believe she's already off to Hogwarts.' Hermione mumbled, trying not to let the tears in her eyes spill onto her cheeks.

'Why do you think we have this one?' Draco smirked as he pointed to his youngest, who was sleeping peacefully against Hermione's shoulder. 'I knew you'd get emotional when Lyra went to school, Cassie helps fill the gap.'

'Draco!' Hermione scolded. 'You make it sound like we're replacing something trivial like curtains. We haven't replaced Lyra with Cassie.'

Draco laughed and rolled his eyes. 'You're telling me that you wouldn't have wanted to have another baby right now if we didn't have Cassie?'

Hermione blushed and pursed her lips. He was right, she would have definitely got empty nest syndrome.

'Shut up.' She mumbled.

'We'll keep having babies if it stops you getting too emotional when we send them off to school.' Draco offered.

Hermione smiled, rolling her eyes at the same time, and placed a kiss on his cheek before they turned to leave the station.