Chapter Twenty Six: Eighth Year, January

After their Potions lesson, Hermione felt almost too embarrassed to look at Draco. Despite smelling the same thing, and the fact they'd both admitted they love each other, it was another thing for a powerful love potion to essentially prove what they both feel. Admittedly, she was also a little scared that Draco would close himself, and his feelings, off if he thought she took the smell too seriously.

When they finally got back to their dormitory that evening, Draco asked if she was okay.

'I'm fine.' Hermione replied with a smile.

'Did Potions freak you out?' He asked, a knowing smile on his face.

'No, I've smelt it before.' Hermione replied, blushing at admitting that she's loved him since Sixth Year. 'I just don't want you to think I'm taking it too seriously, that you smell it too.'

'Hermione,' Draco said, rolling his eyes. 'If anything, this helps me out. If I'm ever too much of a coward to say those specific three words, I can just say "remember the love potion" and you'll know exactly what I mean.'

'How is that anything different to saying "I love you"?' She asked, laughing at his ridiculous comment.

'I don't know, but I am sometimes too afraid to say it specifically even if I mean it.' He said, pulling her in for a kiss.

'Coward.' She mumbled with a wink. He smirked, pressing their lips together and hoping to take her into the bedroom in an effort to put off homework for an hour. As if she had read his mind, she pulled away.

'We have homework to do.' Hermione said with a stern look. Draco knew not to argue when it came to homework, but he still let out a deep sigh before moving to the desk and getting started.

The love potion lesson didn't get mentioned again by Hermione and Draco, but Pansy mentioned it to Ginny on Saturday morning when she still hadn't figured out why she had smelled such a combination.

'What was it again?' Ginny asked for the third time.

'Broomsticks, chocolate frogs, woolly jumpers.' Pansy said with a sigh.

Ginny looked deep in thought for quiet a while, before letting out a small laugh. She quickly shook her head and pushed the thought aside.

'There isn't anyone you can think of that smells like that to you?' Ginny asked, keeping her face neutral.

'Not a clue.' Pansy said. 'I'm pretty sure I've never smelled anything like that on a Slytherin though, and I don't know anyone from other house besides you five.'

'Would it bother you if it was someone from a different house?' Luna asked in a curious tone. There was no meaning behind the question, so Pansy wasn't offended.

'Well, it would depend on the person.' Pansy said with a shrug. 'But no, it wouldn't bother me.'

Ginny offered her a smile and started listing all of the Quidditch players she could think of, thinking that the broomsticks were a good place to start. By the time they were walking down to Hogsmeade an hour later, they were still talking about Quidditch players.

They met up with Harry and Ron outside of the Hogs Head, Hermione, Ginny, and Luna giving them hugs while the Slytherins offered nods, and then rushed inside to get into the warmth.

After all getting their drinks, they sat around the same booth as last time, making enough room for Pansy to squeeze on the end next to Ron. To everyone's surprise, she didn't complain, but Ginny could've sworn she saw Pansy's eyes widen when she sat down next to him.

'Gin, are you slowly befriending all of the Slytherins?' Harry asked, throwing a glance at Pansy.

'Hush, you.' She said, pecking him on the lips.