Chapter Twenty Seven: Eighth Year, March

A few months since Pansy's first trip to Hogsmeade with everyone and she was still receiving a letter a week from Ron.

'Honestly, he writes to you more than Harry writes to me.' Ginny huffed at breakfast when Pansy's letter came.

Pansy smiled but didn't say anything as she tore her letter open and began to read.

'Are you still coming to Dromeda's for Easter?' Draco asked Hermione as he read the letter his mother had just sent him. It was their last week of classes before their two week break and Draco wanted to make sure of Hermione's plans, just in case she decided to stay at Hogwarts and he had to tell his mother that he'd be staying with her.

'I'd love to, if that's still okay?' Hermione asked, closing the book she was reading.

'Of course it is.' Draco replied, giving Hermione's leg a squeeze beneath the table. 'But you have to calm down with the studying during break.'

Hermione shot him a look. 'This is what I'm like, you've never really seen me in exam mode before.'

'I remember you towards the end of Fifth Year, I know what you're like.' He reminded her with a smirk.

'Gin, did you ask Ron to invite me for Easter?' Pansy said, finally looking up from her letter.

'No!' Ginny cried. 'But this is great news!'

'Yeah.' Pansy said, but Hermione noticed that she didn't quite have Ginny's enthusiasm.

Pansy stood from the table, picking up her things, and left the table without a word. Ginny stood up to follow her, the two had become quite good friends since January, but Hermione held a hand on her arm.

'I'll go.' Hermione said as she picked up her bag. 'I'll see you in class.' Hermione said to Draco and hurried from the Great Hall.

'Pansy!' Hermione shouted when she saw the Slytherin disappear outside. Pansy didn't slow down so Hermione ran to catch up with her.

'I don't want to talk, Hermione.' Pansy snapped, throwing herself on the ground and pulling at the grass.

'Pansy,' Hermione said, sitting next to her. 'I know this is because Ron invited you for Easter. Tell me what's bothering you.'

Pansy glared at her, but Hermione noticed the tears building in her eyes so she waited for her to speak.

'What if his whole family hate me?' Pansy asked in a quiet voice.

'His family won't hate you.'

'How do you know that? I'm everything they should hate; a Slytherin who was on the wrong side during the war with Death Eaters for parents. What are they going to think of me?' Pansy said, a tear rolling down her cheek.

'I doubt they would even know that about you unless Ron told them, which he wouldn't.' Hermione assured her. 'Look, at Christmas Ron's mum sent me her usual Christmas present. She always knits everyone a woolly jumper with our initial on it and she sent Draco one too. I love Draco, but if Ron's parents weren't going to forgive anyone for their past, it would be him. They accepted him, they'll accept you.'

'You think so?'

'I know so.' Hermione nodded. 'If it makes you feel any better, I had the same worries about meeting Narcissa at Christmas. I'm glad I was wrong, she couldn't have been nicer.'

'I'm being stupid, aren't I?' Pansy asked, which made Hermione smile and nod.

'Thanks, Hermione.' Pansy said, pulling her in for a quick hug. 'I've never said this before, but I want you to know that I'm sorry for the way we treated you before.'