Kate Meets The Family

Ana
Ray has asked Cathy to marry him and her kids are thrilled, but the move to his house over hers is a huge deal. Since he works out of his home. He has the space for them, but the distance is an issue. He asked Elliott if there was a way to build the workshop on Cathys property without compromising size. They spend time at the Greys and are very close to them. Elliott's found a way to build on Cathy's lot without causing too many issues permits wise.
Ray
I bought a beautiful ring for Cathy and she accepted along with her children. We are having a civil ceremony and finally resolved the house issue and my workshop is being redesigned by Elliott and it is far better than my layout. He has a place for everything and it is very modern and computer ran. Along with eco friendly. It will be completely done in six months with me working along with Elliott's teams. I sold me house and put everything in storage until we get the workshop built. I am working out of the old one for now. The buyers and I worked out a deal and both were very happy. I would work in the shop and they would allow me to do so as long as I made them some nice pieces for their home. Cribs for their babies a dining room set and a kings size bed. They had recently had twins, but also had adopted their new niece after her mother died in childbirth. So they needed the home and the cribs first. It took two ekes to design and complete the cribs. They loved them. Cathy missed me though along with the kids, but they visited the Greys and were allowed to come and swim when they wished.
Kate
I can't believe how fast Elliott works, we got engaged he asked my dad for my hand in marriage. Of course dad says how soon can you take her off our hands. So tonight we not only introduce me we tell them we are engaged to be married. We aren't telling them we bought a home together yet though. Or the fact it was mrs Lincoln's old house. We got it for a song, Elliott worked his magic at getting his brother to negotiate the price down using the fact that they have to tear that torture chamber out to make it a family home. I couldn't believe we were able to do a walk through and all her possessions were still there. Elliott had some ideas in mind for the torture chamber, I nixed those right away. All in all the home was very well maintained and the property was beautifully maintained. The furniture has to go. Elliott and I have decided to turn the torture room into a poker room where he can have the guys over and do their worst. So he is getting everything bought for it. Ray has been asked to build a few things for the house. So tonight I meet the family.
Ana
Kate is nervous about meeting Grace and Carrick and then adding the other pieces of information Elliott's going to drop on them. I suspect Grace already knows, since Elliott's made the papers along with Christian and I. Kate has been very busy going to college, working and being with Elliott. Tonight is a big deal, they have Theo and Addie joining us for dinner. Apparently it is a get to know the girlfriends and Mias guy type thing. Ray is there already, he is helping with the bbq and built something special for Grace. Christian bought me a new car, he said it was unsafe to drive my car even with security. And he is right they turned my car over trying to get photos. I had to remind them I could arrest each and everyone of them for assault. They backed off when I pulled my gun out to climb out the other door. The damages to my car made it impossible to fix it.
Sawyer
Being a police detectives bodyguard is hard work and having to help her out of her passenger door after the paparazzi turned her car on its side by trying to get to her for a news story makes her unsafe until she flashes her badge then pulls her gun out and tells them to back off or go to jail. She cuffed the guy who jumped in her face as she was trying to get out of her car. He was arrested along with a few others she identified as her attackers. They have backed off after the news had her and her poor car on its side. She was trying to climb out and they would let her out. Be tween her actions and mine we got her to my car safely. I had to explain that pulling her gun was more likely in that situation to get her and others hurt seriously. She luckily got the whole thing on video of the guy and his friends overturning her car.
Taylor
I hate reporting this kind of news to Grey when he is already in a bad mood. So I tell him there's a situation and Ana has had to arrest a few paparazzi.
Christian
Lol, is she alive?
Taylor
Yes but she's mad and her car is totaled, they turned it on it's side. So we have to get her that new one you were wanting her to have and now she has to have two CPOs. Male and female.
Christian
Grrrrrr we'll order it and get it in the color of her car. Get it loaded. Try to get it pushed. Can I speak to the guys she had arrested?
Taylor
I don't recommend it sir. She was within her rights to do what she did after they overturned her car. We think her arm is broken when they did it. She fell and hit the left arm as the left side of her car hit the concrete.
Christian
So she's being treated in the ER.
Taylor
Yes sir, Grace is with her and Sawyer. They said they will meet you at your families home.
Christian
Well if it isn't the daredevil. I heard you might have a broken arm, I also hear you need a new car. Let me order you one bullet proof , and very heavy unlikely to be overturned. What color do you want it to be?
Ana
They broke my damn car and my arm. They are nearly finished with me and I am headed to your folks with your mom.
Three hours later
Kate
Mia spilled the beans after she saw my engagement ring. His grandparents were especially thrilled he was even getting married. They then told the other two to follow suit and give them great grand babies. We all chuckled and I noticed Christian smile at Ana. Mia grimaced at their suggestion. We then told them about buying the Lincoln home. Carrick was the only one who didn't seem pleased about our news on either aspect. Grace was happy that Elliott was no longer playing the field.
Theo
Well looks like they have good taste in mates. So when can we expect great grand babies, before Addie asks the questions.
Addie
That's my job to ask about great grand babies. Ray you are Anas uncle right?
Ray
Yes ma'am I am. My brother and her mother was killed when she was six. I had no idea she even existed until recently.
Carrick
What happened to them? If I can ask?
Ana
The priest killed them after they discovered what he did to me. He allowed me to live, I was catatonic when they found me and my parents bodies. The church Elliott is working on was where it all happened. The very same one I brought another female victim of his to the ER. Because of the trauma I failed to recognize him or the church.
Elliott
They gave me the history and I let Ana know, she was kept in the blind about that part of the investigation. The history of the church is a bad one. But we intend to change it. (I am not going to tell them just how many bodies were buried there) I have worked around all the investigations. Apparently the guy was very busy killing. They have matched missing persons up. Kate can't know. She also can't know what we found in the Lincoln home and on the property. I turned things over to detective Phillips. They missed evidence that she was selling humans. There were two bodies buried under her gardens. Kate doesn't come to the house at all. I just told her we ran into problems is all.
Kate
I felt better after meeting the family, Carrick didn't seem to be thrilled about the engagement. Mia wants to help plan the wedding. Her boyfriend Robert Anderson seemed very uncomfortable. I don't see that lasting long.
Mia
Kate's engagement ring was blinding me, so I questioned her about it. I volunteered to help plan the wedding. Robert and I have news, but it isn't about gettin married. I am pregnant, we failed to use protection and we are having a baby in seven months. We don't want to get married, but we don't believe in abortion. My college is still in the works and I am working hard at GEH. I keep getting the nasty nepotistic remarks. But I keep working and ignore the ignorance of those who don't know me or my work ethics. I finally announce the pregnancy and Robert faints.
Grace
Omg I take it Robert is the father?someone get him to the guest room. I grab my bag and we all head to the guest room. I have seen expectant father faint before but not in my own home lol.
Carrick
Mia I take it you want to keep the child? Since he is here you have talked about it right?
Mia
Yes I want the baby, but we don't think marriage is right for us at this point in time. We really just made a mistake and forgot protection. Everything is okay and I and the baby are healthy. I am staying in classes and working along with deciding on what I want to do. My lease is up and I am thinking what I will need to take care of the baby and myself financially and what the college is going to cost.
Carrick
Is Robert working? Can he contribute to raising the baby financially?
Mia
Not really, he is on scholarship and lives with his grandmother. He works at GEH as well, that is how we met.
Carrick
Don't tell your brother he works at GEH. Hmm mind if he and I have a chat? I promise I won't kill him, but your brothers might.
Mia
Oh crap. I need to intervene in that. My grandmother is thrilled, but worried about my not having a husband and not wanting one at this point. Gramps says just ask and we will help you anyway we can.