Rebellious side?

Your eyes stare at your phone screen. A school forum pulled up on the web browser.

"Setter Challenge!"

1. Get his attention. (Obviously.)

2. Maintain his attention for a month! (Very important)

3. Get him to say your name on a first name basis, while speaking casually.

4. If you've made it this far, congratulations! You're becoming someone he can see as a friend. Making him smile, laugh, and cry should be easy from here on out since you've made him vulnerable. 😆

Your eyebrows twitch at the oddly placed emoji on the last rule. You scan the page trying to find who started this thread but you come out empty handed. The only detail is the date the thread began which was last year. Meaning, this challenge isn't created by a first year. The only answer possible is someone who's a second or third year.

You scroll across your screen, seeing several comments under the thread. Many complaining that this challenge is too difficult because of the setter.

Akaashi.

"Y/N!" Your two friends Haru and Zico call out to you. They walk towards the middle of the classroom, sitting down on each of your side. "What are you reading?" Haru curiously asks, she leans over to peer at your phone. "Is it smut?" Zico chuckles under his breath, grabbing his notebook out of his backpack. Your eyes widen and the heat in your face creeps up.

"No!" You quickly retort, extending your phone to the right to show him. His brown eyes lower to your held out phone, slowly reading the rules of the setter challenge. Scoffing, he looks at you. "Are you really going to attempt that challenge? You do know how many other girls are also attempting the challenge?"

"It's been nearly a month since schools started and no one's gotten passed the first step." Haru mutters beside you, leaning back over to her desk. You nibble on your bottom lip, turning off your phone and sliding it into your skirt pocket. "What makes you think you're any different from the others?" Zico smirks at you, crossing his arms. Lowering your eyes to your desk, you shrug. You were a girl just like the many others but your personality and looks are different.

But did Akaashi care about outer appearances or personality?

He treats everyone the same. The only one he caters more to is his senior, Bokuto Kōtarō.

"Besides, if you're attempting this challenge...it must mean you like Akaashi. Right, Y/N?" Haru smiles at you from ear to ear. Zico just then comes to that realization, his eyes widening. You raise your hands up, waving them frantically in front of you. "No, not at all! I'm just really curious about him. I have no emotional attachment to him...yet." You whisper the last sentence under your breath. You're an idiot if you didn't find Akaashi handsome. Many girls have and that's the very reason this challenge existed.

"Well, I'll root for you Y/N." Haru quietly cheers you on while Zico wears a smug grin. "I'll give her one week. Scratch that, one day." Zico chuckles, flipping open his notebook. You purse your lips, tightening your hands into fists.