Words out

Akaashi's phone vibrates in his pocket when he's making his way over to Bokuto and Konoha. A notification of a post on the student forum.

A photo of Akaashi and Y/N's back side with their hands intertwined is the main highlight of the post.

"Did the setter get a girlfriend?!"

The post was uploaded not long after the two left Zico and Haru.

Could it be possible Bokuto posted this?

Impossible. He's no where near the four to take this photo. The person who's uploaded this post remained anonymous.

The senior girl perhaps?

Akaashi clenches his teeth, unsure who could possibly post something like this. Either way this should help end the setter challenge.

"Akaashi!" Bokuto calls out to him by the vending machines. "Did you see—" Bokuto lowers his eyes to Akaashi's phone, seeing the forum post already pulled up onto his screen. "Oh. You have." He smirks. "So Y/L/N is going along with your plan?"

Akaashi nods his head, sliding his phone back into his pocket. "Did you find out the reason she attempted the setter challenge?" Bokuto raises his eyebrows, the topic in question has been eating at him since yesterday.

Walking over to the vending machine, Akaashi fishes out a few coins from his pockets and inserts it in the coin slot to purchase a bottle of green tea. "She's curious about me." Bokuto stares blankly for a moment, processing Akaashi's answer. "Curious...?" He frowns at the unexciting answer, slumping over. "Would've been more interesting if she said something like—" Akaashi cuts him off.

"You weren't the one to post the picture, right?" Akaashi glances at Bokuto, taking a sip of his green tea. Bokuto shakes his head.

"Konoha wasn't lying when he said you have a fan club. I suggest you look out for Y/L/N. They will likely figure out who the girl is in the photo and cause her some grief." Akaashi stops halfway from tightening his bottle cap on the green tea.

Would something like that really happen?

This is real life they're talking about. Not a manga or anime.

"Anyway, what rules did you set up for her?" Bokuto carries on the conversation, eyeing Akaashi's slightly worried face. He returns his attention to Bokuto.

"I only had one rule."

Bokuto tilts his head to the side. "One?"

"It's over if one of us develop feelings." Akaashi murmurs, making sure the cap to his green tea is tighten. Bokuto slowly nods his head at the thought. "I wouldn't have attempted the fake girlfriend thing."

Akaashi raises an eyebrow at Bokuto. Bokuto wears a smug look, smirking from ear to ear. "Y/L/N would easily capture my heart. It's better if we dated for real. Imagine all the possible things we can do if we weren't faking. Making love for one." His cheeks burn a shade red, eyes glimmering from his imaginations. Akaashi furrows his brows together, staring at Bokuto with disgust. "Can you not be horny for once? Also, you're not allowed to have such thoughts about Y/N from today forward."

Bokuto snaps out of his thoughts when he hears Akaashi call Y/L/N by her first name. "Y/N? You're already on a first name basis?" An amused expression grows on Bokuto's face. "And why am I not allowed to have my wild imaginations for? She's not really your girl—"

Akaashi's gunmetal blue eyes pierces directly towards Bokuto's golden eyes. He raises a finger to his lip, telling Bokuto to keep quiet about the truth. "It's more believable if we call each other by our first names. Now, are you done asking questions?"

"Not exactly." Bokuto smirks. "Who knows about this situation? Do her friends know?" Akaashi shakes his head. "It's only you, me, and Y/N. So keep your loud mouth shut."

Bokuto zips his lips and throws an imaginary key away, raising an okay with his fingers. "Does this mean we'll see Y/L/N around more?" Bokuto speaks cheerfully. The thought of acting like a couple made Akaashi exhausted. He wanted to limit their appearance as low as possible. The two are awkward with each other when they're left alone.

How will they act being in front of more people?

Their actions were stiff today.

"I'm not sure." Akaashi murmurs out. Bokuto isn't content with that answer when he places his hands to his sides. "You should show her off Akaashi. We should get together with her friends over the weekend for lunch! And then we can go to a karaoke joint after!" Bokuto starts to plan out a get together without letting Akaashi shut him down. He runs off to find Konoha.

Exhaling under his breath, Akaashi rubs the sides of his temples. Left alone, his thoughts go back to Bokuto's words earlier about his fan club potentially giving Y/N grief. He grabs his phone back out of his pocket and pulls up her contact. He notices the heart emoji by her name.

[ Y/N 🤍☺]

Seeing her name like this makes him feel a bit nervous. He's not one to use many emotes so he's thrown off to see them.

Tapping the send button, he places his phone back into his pocket and wanders off to find his immature seniors