A new change

Yamoto leads Pierre to a bedroom in the same hallway as you. "Would you like me to bring up your meal for you Pierre?"

"No it's alright. I'd like to rest up for a bit." Pierre bows to Yamoto. Nodding his head, Yamoto excuses himself from you and Pierre. Pierre lays his hazel eyes on your face with a gentle smile. "You should join your friends for lunch Miss."

"Pierre, you can drop the title with me. You don't work for my dad anymore." You purse your lips when you glance at Pierre. A sadness washes over you from his bruises. Nothing but guilt eats at you. You bow to Pierre before closing the door behind you.

The door closes with a soft click and Pierre relaxes his shoulders. A smile etches across his face. "You ask me to drop your title, yet you bow to me instead of just saying goodbye." He dryly chuckles to himself and walks over to the bed to lay down.

You idle a bit in front of Pierre's door. Your mind is at ease that he's safe here and away from your father. But you still wonder if you helped Pierre or did you put him in a more difficult position.

"Y/N?" A voice calls out to you from the bottom steps. You hurry over to the staircase and see Konoha. Your chest tightens when you look down at him from the top step. The two of you momentarily stare at each other in silence.

How is Konoha feeling after your fathers discussion?

He must be upset and torn. You can't imagine the stress he'll be under when he tells everything to his father.

You're just troubling everyone. Ugh...

"Lunch is ready. We're eating outside by the garden today." Konoha clears his throat and speaks up again. Nodding your head, you hurry down the staircase to stand beside him. "Let's go Akinori." You force a smile on your face and walk ahead of him. Konoha widens his eyes for a brief moment. He's taken aback that Y/N is calling him by his first name. The corner of his lips twitch into a smile.

"To think, not long ago you didn't know where anything was." Konoha teases you when he hurries over to your side. Puckering your lips out, you mumble back. "There's too many turns in this house. Who wouldn't get lost?" Konoha quietly chuckles under his breath and the two of you step out into the garden past the glass doors. Bokuto is already stuffing his face with fried chicken.

Akaashi eyes him with disdain. "Can you share some of the chicken with us? There's side dishes here too."

"But Yamoto makes the best fried chicken. If you're not going to grab any now, I'm inhaling it all." Bokuto speaks with a full mouth. You take a seat beside Akaashi and his face relaxes when he sees you. "Where's Pierre?"

"He's resting in his room." You answer Akaashi with a small smile. He notices the slight sadness to Y/N's tone but he doesn't point it out. He reaches over for a fried chicken thigh and places it on your plate. "I'm sure Pierre would want you to eat and so do I. Plus, Bokuto's mouth is a vacuum cleaner right now. We should eat what we can before it's gone." Akaashi tucks a stray hair behind your ear, forming a warm smile towards you.