Do you accept this challenge?

Akaashi leads you up the stairs to his apartment. With your mind a bit more clear from the sadness earlier, you start to grow nervous. He unlocks the front door and steps aside to let you in first. But you hesitate to go in.

You're going to be alone with Akaashi at his place.

It was different when he was at yours since there were other people in the mansion with you. Here at his place it's just the two of you.

Akaashi senses your nervousness and kisses your cheek. "There's nothing to be nervous about Y/N. I don't have a weird collection of porn or something in the house."

"W-What?!" You flick your eyes over to Akaashi, looking bewildered.

That's the last thing on your mind.

You'd expect something like that from Bokuto, Konoha, or Zico. Akaashi chuckles under his breath and urges you to go in. You give in and step inside.

Despite how small the apartment is, the atmosphere is warm and inviting. Akaashi closes the door behind him and the two of you take your shoes off at the front door.

"You live here with your parents? Are you the only child?" You glance over at Akaashi. You never bothered to ask him about his personal life with everything going on in yours. He nods his head and takes your school bag from you.

"They're both office workers so they come home pretty late. I usually have to fend for myself on most nights. It gets a bit lonely when I'm here so I usually stay late during practice." Akaashi hangs your school bag next to his on a hook by the door. He walks over to the kitchen and opens the fridge.

You walk over to the living room and plop down on the sofa. You notice a family photo hanging on the wall by the tv and smile when you see a younger version of Akaashi. Even with his parents, he's not smiling in the photo. His still expression reflects back at you and you recall the early memories you've had with him.

To think the reason you're so close with Akaashi now is because of the setter challenge.

"What are you smiling about?" Akaashi sits beside you. He places a bottle of tea in your hand. You turn to look at Akaashi, your heart skipping when you look into his gunmetal blue eyes. "I'm just remembering how everything started between us." Akaashi forms a small smile when he listens to you. He leans back and stares at the ceiling. "To think you tried to use Bokuto to get to me. That was very sly of you Y/N."

Pressing your lips together, you unscrew the cap of the tea and take a small sip. "I was too nervous to confront you personally. But then I made a fool of myself either way." Akaashi snickers under his breath and looks at you from the corner of his eye. He extends a hand towards your face and strokes your cheek with his thumb. Startled, you tense from his touch. "I'm glad you made a fool of yourself Y/N. Otherwise I would probably be alone right now."

"I would probably be forced into getting along with Akinori." You shiver at the thought. If things played out differently, you doubt your friendship with Konoha would be what it is today. Things would start off awkward. The two of you would be complete strangers.