Tell him the truth

Pierre awaits the two of you at the front door. "Welcome back home Miss." You bow to him, a smile on your face. "Your parents are sitting in the dining room. The two of you can make your way in there."

Akaashi bows to Pierre after following you inside. You properly take your shoes off and slide into a pair of slippers. Pierre's already laid out a pair of guest slippers for Akaashi before greeting the two of you. "I'm guessing these are for you." You point to the slippers that are beside you. Akaashi nods his head, slowly taking in the grand entrance of the house. He feels like he's stepped into Cinderella's castle. The architecture is far from Japanese influenced. A European vibe oozes out from the mansion and it's décor.

A coldness lingers around the mansion and it's not a coldness of temperature. Akaashi eyes Y/N, her timid behavior when she leads him to the dining room.

"I'm home-- father, mother." You bow to the two who are eating lunch together. Akaashi stands next to Y/N, bowing to her parents. "You brought a boy home?" You easily notice the irritable tone in your mother's voice. She narrows her eyes on you. Clenching your hands tightly onto the shoe bag, you muster a smile. "His name is Akaashi Keiji, my upperclassman."

Fathers steely gaze rests on Akaashi. He seems to analyze him, up and down. This uncomfortable atmosphere makes Akaashi wonder how Y/N turned out the way she is. He would think Y/N would be more like him. Expressionless and blunt. Her parents seem standoffish and crude.

"He was walking me home and was about to leave...but." You bite your tongue, not wanting to finish the sentence.

"Akaashi, is it? Do you have an ulterior motive with my daughter?" Father cuts straight to the chase. "If it's money you're after, I'm sorry to let you know that our daughter won't inherit any of it." Akaashi didn't expect this kind of conversation. His words stuck in his throat.

Furrowing your brows together, you purse your lips. "Keiji doesn't know anything about the family, father. He's just an upperclassman that looks after me. Please don't talk to him like that." Your face and chest burns when you speak up against your father. "Oh?" Father narrows his eyes on you. He notices the slight swelling on your right cheek. "Care to explain what happened to your face?" Your hand instinctively moves to touch your face, attempting to hide the swelling.

"We were playing a volleyball game together and I didn't anticipate the amount of strength I used. Sorry for injuring your daughter, sir." Akaashi speaks up, he rests his blue eyes on Y/N's father. "You're a volleyball player?" Mother brings the attention to herself, eyeing Akaashi with a sharp stare. "Yes, mam." He speaks to them in a polite manner, giving them his undivided attention.

Are your parents going to judge him for being a volleyball player?

You didn't want their harsh words to attack Akaashi. He's done nothing wrong to them. They were always like this to anyone you associated with.

Why do they go so far to berate your friends?

"You have to go back to practice with your team, right Keiji?" Changing the topic, you glance at him.

Please get the hint Akaashi.