Tears for his mother

Konoha walks you to your bedroom after dinner. "So, what kind of dream did you have? I'm curious."

There's no way in hell you'll tell him. You're ashamed for dreaming such a thing. Slapping your cheeks lightly, you shiver involuntarily. "It was a nightmare. I don't want to think about it."

Konoha frowns. He nibbles on his bottom lip and slows his steps when he notices Y/N's bedroom door in reach. He didn't want her to leave just yet. "Do you have some free time Y/N? I'd like to show you something."

You turn your head slightly to look at Konoha. He wears a pleading look on his face. You didn't exactly have anything to do and the nights still young. "Sure. Just don't pull a prank on me." Your guard is up after the dream. Konoha nods his head and leads you down the opposite hallway. "Where are you taking me anyway?"

"My bedroom." Konoha answers bluntly. He hears Y/N's footsteps come to a stop. "I'm not going to do anything to you Y/N." Konoha turns around and pulls her by the wrist. "I'm not going to stoop that low. Akaashi is still a good friend of mine." Pursing your lips, you follow Konoha. He opens his bedroom door and lets you inside first. To your surprise his bedroom isn't a mess. He's kept his room clean or possibly a maid cleaned his room.

Konoha closes the door and walks over to a shelf. He reaches for a photo book on the top shelf and walks over to his bed. He pats beside him, ushering you to come over.

You timidly walk over to him and sit on the edge of his bed. "I don't show this to everyone. So consider yourself lucky Y/N." Konoha smiles at you. You lower your eyes from his face to the photo album that he places between the two of you. The edges of the album is worn out and a handwritten year is written on the front cover.

'1994-1997'

Konoha opens the album with trembling hands. It's been a few years since he's looked at this album. He feels a tightness in his chest and he's unable to flip past the handwritten note on the first page.

You read the note to yourself.

'The light of my life, Akinori.'

A signature is signed under it and you're unable to read it. You can only assume that the signature might've been Konoha's mother. You reach over for his trembling hand, giving them a slight squeeze. "Akinori." Your voice is a soft whisper when you call out to him. "You wanted to show me your mother?"

He nods his head, a small smile on his face. "She would've loved you Y/N. I'm sure she would be just as adamant as your parents about this arranged marriage."

You pull your hand away, feeling awkward. Puckering out your lips, you huff out. "Well, I still wouldn't give in. I like Keiji."

"You don't have to remind me." Konoha exhales under his breath. He musters the courage to flip the next page. An image of his mother cradling him in tears is the first photo.

You giggle when you see how upset baby Konoha is. The two of you quietly look at the photos together. Each photo shows a happy couple with their newborn. But you notice how pale and skinnier his mother looks in the later photos. Konoha hesitates to look further. Your eyes flicker over to his forlorn expression. A frown twitches on his face and he seems to hold back tears.