I'm scared.

Throughout the afternoon Bokuto tries his best to pull Akaashi into the group conversations and activities. But each time he tries, Akaashi replies with silence or a still expression. "Hey, is everything alright Akaashi? You've been distant since this morning." Bokuto gives in and asks Akaashi what's wrong. The two lag behind the other four.

"I don't want to talk about it Bokuto." Akaashi makes a complete sentence after hours of being quiet. Bokuto frowns, feeling hopeless and hurt that Akaashi couldn't lean on him. "You know I'm here for you, right?" Bokuto speaks up again, staring at Akaashi's side profile.

"Yeah." Akaashi murmurs, lowering his eyes down to his shoes. "This is just something I already set my mind to do. I don't want you to change my mind."

Change his mind? What is Akaashi talking about?

Bokuto raises an eyebrow, he's tempted to ask but looking at Akaashi's distant expression, he knows Akaashi will not say anything more than he has right now. Whatever it is-- it weighs heavily on Akaashi's mind.

"God, you suck at this Y/N." Zico laughs loudly as he watches Y/N rip her paper scoop in the tank of small fishes. She stands up, puffing her cheeks out after being laughed at by Zico. Akaashi watches her expression from a distant, his breath hitching. Bokuto narrows his eyes on Akaashi's wavering blue eyes. Whatever it is that's bothering Akaashi has something to do with Y/N.

"Shut up Zico! Look at all of the scoops you ripped." Y/N points at the five torn scoops in Zico's hand. He shrugs, smirking. "I'm only playing this for you. I don't care if I win one of these goldfishes. They literally die three days later." The stall owner over hears Zico and throws a glare at him. "L-Let's go to another stall." Zico takes his hand in Y/N's and pulls her elsewhere.

"Do you think Zico..." Akaashi starts to speak but he cuts himself off. His brows furrow together and a tightness forms in his chest. Bokuto stares at Akaashi's scrunched up face.

Is Akaashi jealous of Zico? Like how he was jealous of Pierre?

Bokuto wonders if his assumption about Akaashi's feelings is correct.

"We should find a spot to watch the fireworks." Konoha shouts out to Akaashi and Bokuto. Haru looks around for Y/N and Zico, the two disappeared from the group. "Where's Zico and Y/N?"

Konoha shrugs, looking around him and not finding them. "Do you think Zico will confess his feelings to Y/N? Since Akaashi and her seem to be ignoring each other?" Konoha blurts out an idiotic scenario. Akaashi tenses when he overhears Konoha and Bokuto notices. "Hey, hey, hey. Zico should know the gentleman rules. He wouldn't do that, right Haru?" Bokuto glances at Haru who shrugs.

"Zico's an idiot. He doesn't play by the rules and last time I checked, he's not very fond of Akaashi." She speaks nonchalantly, narrowing her eyes on Akaashi. "Are you done sulking for today or are you going to continue keeping your distance with Y/N? She's forcing herself to have fun you know. She's probably thinking how she wishes Zico were you."

Haru's words are a thousand arrows, wounding Akaashi in the heart. He bites his inner cheek, unable to form words to respond to Haru. Zico and Y/N reemerge with candy apples in their hands. "Where did you two disappear to?" Konoha eyes the two with furrowed brows. Zico hands Konoha a candy apple to silence his anger. He turns to face Haru and hands her one as well. You timidly walk up to Bokuto and Akaashi, extending two candy apples. Bokuto takes one out of your hand and thanks you with a wide grin.