A hole in the contract

"Fake girlfriend?" Pierre repeats your words. Akaashi turns around to face Pierre.

"You see...apparently this guy is every girls dream boyfriend and on top of that, there's this challenge set on him. The challenge was created last year so he's had to endure several confessions on a daily basis for over a year and a month." You turn to look at Akaashi. "Not wanting to go through this for another year, he had this bright idea to have a fake girlfriend. That way, he wouldn't have to reject another girl. Which started to work, surprisingly. But of course things were going too smoothly and BAM!" Your voice startles them both when you clap your hands together. "Today happened."

"I guess that's the quick summary of everything." Akaashi mumbles. He finishes off the last piece of the strawberry puff.

"Why did you pick her Akaashi? I'm sure there were other great candidates." Pierre asks Akaashi. "What's that suppose to mean Pierre?!" You grumble out, picking up the ice pack you laid on the table. Pierre stops your hand from throwing it at him, clasping his large hand on your small ones. Akaashi eyes their clasp hands, an aching pain against his chest.

"Y/N isn't interested in me romantically. That's why I chose her." Akaashi curtly responds. Pierre lowers Y/N's hand, bringing his hand to his side.

"What happens if the miss is?" Pierre speaks carefully, his brown eyes rest on Akaashi's blue ones. Akaashi grows silent from Pierre's question. You interject yourself into the conversation, "Than we put a stop to this fake girlfriend appearance. That was Keiji's only rule." Akaashi nods his head, not opening his mouth to say anything more.

"Ah...so are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart, miss?" Pierre smirks at you, knowing full well you wouldn't have done this for nothing. "Of course not." You mumble under your breath. "I wanted to learn about Keiji and figure out why he hides his emotions. But to be honest...I haven't learned much about him." You glance over at Akaashi.

"We've been around each other a lot lately and the only things I do know about him is of what he told me today."

"I'm surprised you haven't put a stop to this yourself then, miss. If you're not getting your end of the bargain, isn't it ideal for you to stop the contract? You've even gotten hurt because of this." Pierre tilts his head slightly, staring at you before turning his attention to Akaashi.

"I...never thought about that." You slowly say, turning to look at Akaashi.

The thought never occurred to him either.

Now with this suggestion presented to the two of them, Akaashi starts to grow nervous.

Would Y/N stop things herself?

A sadness tugs in the back of Akaashi's mind when he thinks about the thought of not being by Y/N's side. He's grown used to her company over the past month, nearing two months.

"Anyway, don't tell anyone about this Pierre." You change the topic, not wanting to linger in your thoughts. Pierre wears a small smile when he sees you changing the conversation. "The summer festival is in two weeks at my school, will you be able to come?" Pierre mentally thinks about his schedule for the next two weeks. "I don't think your parents need me to accompany them anywhere, I should be free. Are you inviting me to your school festival, miss?"

"You come to them every year. Why should this year be any different?" You smile at him. "My class will be hosting a maid café so I'll be sure to save you the best sweets when you come."

"Oh? Are you going to be one of the maids? Is it alright if I ask Haru to sub in for you? I can't imagine you properly taking care of your guests." Pierre playfully teases you, chuckling under his breath. "You sound like Keiji." Grumbling, you stare at Akaashi. He looks away the second you stare at him. "Will you also be there Akaashi?" Pierre pulls Akaashi back into the conversation. "Did you want me there Y/N?" Akaashi asks.

Pursing your lips, you feel the corner of your cheeks heat up. "Why wouldn't I want you there? I have to prove you wrong about not being cute or pretty with my words." Pierre seems amused when he sees Y/N's coyness towards Akaashi. "A-Anyway, it's getting late. I feel bad enough for making you stay this long Keiji."

"Should I drive you back to your place Akaashi? I'll just go fetch the car." Pierre makes his way towards the door. "I hid your shoes in the shoe cabinets, Akaashi. I'll be waiting for you out front." The door closes behind Pierre.

"He didn't let me respond." Akaashi speaks softly, exhaling under his breath. You giggle at Akaashi. "Pierre tends to do that a lot." You glance down at your stomach, blushing again. "Thankfully he didn't get his way this time." Akaashi eyes Y/N staring at her stomach. He finds some kind of relief about that as well. "Let's not make him wait too long."

"Let's?" Akaashi raises an eyebrow, standing up from your sofa.

"I'll accompany you on your way home. Unless you want to ride by yourself with Pierre?" You walk towards your door, opening it for Akaashi. Akaashi ponders on the thought. He's unsure what kind of questions Pierre may ask him about. Many of them most likely will be of Y/N and his relationship.

"No, I'll feel more comfortable with you there." He answers honestly, seeing a smile form on Y/N's face. "I was going to go even if you said no." You stick your tongue out, hurrying down the hallway. Akaashi stiffens when he sees Y/N's expression for a second. The word 'cute' enters his mind. Shaking his head, he hurries after her.