A moment of distraction

You flutter your lashes when Pierre pulls up to beautiful glass building. Feeling out of your comfort zone, you grow queasy. "Are you alright Y/N?" Pierre unbuckles your belt. You place a hand over your stomach.

"Uh...fancy places aren't really my thing Pierre. It reminds me of the times mother and father would put me in a stuffy dress just so they can show me off in their annual dinner parties." You shiver involuntarily at the thought.

Pierre wears a small smile, stroking your head. "Don't worry too much. The building just looks intimidating." Pierre unbuckles his belt and steps out of the driver seat. He then walks around to your side to open the door for you. Your eyes lower to your school uniform and then towards Pierre. You start to worry about something else.

What if someone judges Pierre for being around you?

"Pierre..."

He seems to have read your thought. He opens the door to the backseat and holds out a pink over the shoulder dress and a pair of heels. "I can hardly care if others judge us. But, I'm sure you'll feel more comfortable out of your school uniform, right?" You nod your head, taking the dress from him. "Let's get you to a bathroom then." Pierre smiles, taking the lead. He's careful to not touch you in any way.

Upon entering the glamorous building, the two of you are greeted by a beautiful fountain in the middle of the lobby. "Woah...what kind of fancy building is this?" You raise an eyebrow. Pierre points over to the building map. The two of you walk over to the board to take a look. Each level contains several small stores and restaurants.

"We'll be going to this one." Pierre points to the top floor with the rooftop balcony. "Once you get changed first, Y/N. I believe the bathrooms right over there." Pierre walks ahead and you follow behind him. "I'll be right out here." Nodding your head, you hurry inside the bathroom and into a stall to change. Your cheeks flush when you stare at the dress in your hand.

Did Pierre pick this out himself?

You don't remember having a dress like this in your closet.

Not wanting to make Pierre wait, you hurry out of your school uniform and into the dress and heels. You stare at the mirror for a brief moment to fix your hair before walking out of the bathroom. "Pierre." You nervously call out to him. His hazel brown eyes fall onto your face and he smiles. "You look adorable Y/N."

Lowering your eyes, you thank him. Pierre reaches for your clothes that's in your hands. "I'll drop this off in the car. Can you wait a bit for me? I'll be quick." Pierre hurries back out of the building and towards the parking lot. You then realize you left your phone in your skirt pocket. It's not like anyone will contact you anyway. You don't stress over your phone for long. Pierre hurries back to your side, calming his heavy breathing with slow inhales. Giggling you look at Pierre. "Out of shape Pierre?"

He shyly smiles at you, "Just a bit. Shall we go now?" Pierre points to the elevator. You nod, walking beside Pierre. The two of you wait for an elevator and step inside once the doors open. A comfortable silence fills the lack of conversation between the two of you as you ride the elevator to the highest floor.

"Welcome to Chamomile. Do you have a reservation?" A host greets the two of you the moment you step out of the elevator. The smell of sweets wafts towards you. Pierre nods his head. "Reservation for two under the name Pierre."

"Ah, right this way sir." The gentleman guides the two of you to a seat with the view of the Tokyo skytree. You wonder what happens to this restaurant when it rains. The entire restaurant is outside and it seems like they only specialize in desserts. You notice the chefs carefully decorating plates of desserts.

The host pulls your chair out for you and you thank him. "Your first plate will arrive shortly. Would you like anything to drink?"

"I'll have some red whine. She'll have a Shirley temple." Pierre answers him and the host nods his head, leaving to place your drink orders in.

You start to really feel the large age gap when you hear Pierre's drink order. "I've been wanting to try this place out for awhile now. I'm glad I get to experience this with you Y/N." Pierre smiles brightly at you. A heat creeps onto your cheeks when you see his dazzling smile. "I'm grateful for the invitation."

Pierre nods his head, gazing out at the skytree. "I never liked sweets until I met you. I remember the day you had a fit after your parents forced you to take up piano classes. You cried endlessly saying it was too difficult. I couldn't stop you from crying until I made you an egg tart."

Pierre's eyes soften when he recalls the memory. "But I didn't know a thing about making egg tarts. The results were a failure when the tarts came out burnt. You were persistent to eat it anyway but they only made you cry more." You smile when you the memory floods back to you. "They were horrible but I saw how determined you were when you made them. I sneaked into the kitchen when you weren't looking to watch."

A frown twitches onto your face and you tuck a hair behind your ear. "I felt so guilty asking you to make something you never have done before. But, now you've surpassed any dessert challenge I've put you up to." Pierre grins. "I can't let another failure like that happen again." Your conversation ends when a server arrives with your drinks and the first plate of dessert. This restaurant specializes in seasonal desserts. The best way to share these desserts is by a dessert course.

Over the five courses of desserts, you forget about the stress you've built up over three weeks. You only focus on the beautiful scenery, the delicious desserts, and your special time with Pierre.