Time is ticking

"Master, young master Akinori is here to see you." Yamoto knocks on the door of Mr. Konoha's office door. A faint muffled voice calls out from the office. "Send him in Yamoto."

Konoha braces himself when he hears his father from the other side of the door. He clenches and unclenches his hands before he opens the door. His heart races uncontrollably and he's tempted to back out but he has to inform his father of the events that happened in Y/N's residence.

Mr. Konoha gazes up at Konoha briefly before returning his eyes down on the documents in front of him. "I figured you'd come by. You seemed distracted at the dinner table."

Konoha takes a seat in front of his father and clasps his hands together, squeezing them. His eyes glue to his lap.

Where should he begin?

He didn't really plan out his thoughts before coming here. The only thing he knows for certain is that he wants his father to end all contact with Y/N's parents.

"Pierre was it? Those bruises on him...how did he get them?" Father speaks up, flipping through another page of his documents. Konoha bites his inner cheek and inhales sharply before answering his father. "Y/N's dad." Mr. Konoha looks alarmed for a moment. He pulls his attention away from his work and folds his hands together to give Konoha his entire attention. He gestures Konoha to continue.

"Y/N was called by one of her staffs to come back home because something happened to Pierre. When we arrived, Pierre was sitting in the living room with a busted lip and several bruises. I assume her father's beaten him through out the weeks that Y/N's been gone."

Mr. Konoha rubs his eyebrows together, a devastated sigh escaping from him. Konoha pushes himself to continue the conversation. "He mentioned the arranged marriage again to Y/N. He stated the conditions she had to follow and I couldn't bare to just listen." Konoha's tone trembles and his eyes begin to waver. An aching pain clenches in his chest when he recalls the slap Y/N received from her father.

Konoha forces his eyes shut and the warm sensation of his tears glide down his cheeks. "Father, you have to say something to her parents. Y/N, she's not a tool for them to use." Konoha digs his fingernails into his palm to rid the anxiety. His tears fall onto his lap. "I don't want to see her being mistreated by the people she has to call parents. I'd also like it if we cut ties with them after your discussion with them. They're only using her for our family name."

"You really care for her don't you Akinori?" Father cuts Konoha off. Konoha raises his tear stained face up to his father. A loving smile rests on his fathers face when he looks at Konoha. "Despite how much you're hurting...you want to do anything you can to protect her. You've grown into a fine man Akinori."

Konoha's frown deepens and the tears are uncontrollable. His vision blurs and he forces his eyes down. "I do...I love her father. But she's not someone I can call mine." Konoha falls apart as he aches out the words he feared. "The least I can do is take away some of her pain."

"But what about you Akinori? What about your pain?"

"They'll heal eventually." Konoha responds quickly without any hesitation. "Y/N...she's much more fragile than I am father. She's my overemotional Cinderella." Konoha smirks at the thought. "And I'm her squire. A squire who's there to help her with whatever problems she may face."

"Is that what you call each other?" Father forms a small smile, chuckling under his breath. "I assume I'm the godmother in this situation?" Konoha chuckles weakly, wiping his tears. "Yes. Yes you are father." The two share a quiet laughter. Mr. Konoha nods his head and leans back in his office chair. "I'll make sure to do my part. I suggest you to keep Y/N company until her leave. Whenever that may be."

Konoha's slight moment of joy deflates like a balloon when he thinks about the day Y/N will leave the Konoha estates. "Pierre would also like to decline your proposal of being your butler."

"Wait, what?" Konoha widens his eyes and looks at his father in surprise.

"We had a small conversation before dinner. He's planning to pursue a career in France. Knowing how special Pierre must be to Y/N, I'm secretly helping Pierre with his move." Mr. Konoha lifts the documents on his desk. "I have a few connections all around the world. France is one of them." Mr. Konoha smiles. "Keep this a secret from Pierre and Y/N. I'll have Pierre set up in France within a month." Mr. Konoha winks at Konoha, he then gestures for Konoha to leave. "Go get some rest son. I'll handle the arranged marriage problem from here."

Konoha nods his head and leaves his fathers office. He needs to make each day count from here on out. With Pierre leaving, Y/N will most likely leave here too. The thought aches him but he shakes it off.

What matters is now. Not the future.