Rebellious phase

The following Monday morning you're opening your locker to see several thumbtacks pinned into your indoor shoes. You reach inside, carefully holding the back of the shoe to show Haru. "I think I've upset the ring leader of Keiji's fan club."

Haru looks mortified when she sees the state your shoes in. Sighing, you grab the other pair out and close your locker. "Where are you going Y/N?" Haru calls out after you. The only logical place you can think of is the teachers office. You need to tell them about this situation and you hope they have an extra pair of shoes lying around somewhere for you to borrow until you can afford to buy another pair.

"I'll be back." You answer Haru, leaving the first year wing and heading to the main building. Remembering Akaashi's first text, you pull up your camera app to take a selfie with your ruined shoes, a fake smile on your face.

Putting your phone away into your skirt pocket, you enter the teachers office

Putting your phone away into your skirt pocket, you enter the teachers office. Your homeroom teacher notices you hovering at the entrance and calls out to you.

"Ms. Y/L/N? What brings you here?" She stands up from her desk and walks over to you. Raising the shoes up, you point a finger to them. "It appears that I am being bullied, miss." Her eyebrows raise up, a look of horror when she glances at your indoor shoes. "Do you know why someone would do this to you?"

You clam up, unsure what to say now since dating is forbidden on school campus. The door to the teachers office opens again and Akaashi steps in. He eyes you and your homeroom teacher. You point over to Akaashi. "Because of him."

Akaashi looks confused when you point towards him. She glances over to Akaashi with her arms crossed. "Akaashi Keiji, will you care to explain why Y/L/N Y/N is being bullied?" Akaashi narrows his gunmetal blue eyes on you, a still expression on his face. You lower your eyes, feeling a bit guilty for putting him on the spot.

"There seems to be an outrage among the female students...Y/L/N is dragged into it because of me." Akaashi lowers his head, bowing to your teacher. She crosses her arms, sighing under her breath. A look of concern etches onto her face when she looks at the two of you. A smart person can obviously guess the true meanings behind Akaashi's words. Thankfully your teacher seems to get the hint.

"I'll see what I can do on my end as a teacher but I suggest you to be careful Y/L/N. I'll inform the principle about this as well so we can monitor any strange behavior. Do tell me if anything else happens to you. I'll see you in a bit for homeroom."

"U-Um, what should I do about my shoes?" You ask her before she turns around to leave. She frowns when she returns her eyes to the thumbtacked shoes. "Just wear your gym sneakers for the time being. Make sure to get a new pair afterschool today."

Nodding your head, you thank her before she walks over to the principles office. Lowering your eyes back to your shoes, you exhale. "I'm sure my parents won't be thrilled to give me money for another pair. Whatever." With your morning already starting off rocky, you couldn't care less if it get's a bit more worse.

"I'll buy you a new pair since this is my fault." Akaashi speaks up, taking your shoes away from your hands. Shaking your head, you decline his offer. "I agreed to help you with this problem so I'm at fault too. I just didn't think things like this actually happened."

An idea pops in your mind and you quickly take your phone out of your skirt pocket. Tapping on the screen, you pull up the student forum page.

"What are you doing Y/N?" Akaashi stares at your skittering fingertips against your phone screen. "Being rebellious." You mutter under your breath, completely focused on making a new thread.

"Did you not listen to your homeroom teacher? She said for you to be careful." Akaashi extends his hand towards your phone but you've already published your selfie along with a message. He sighs when he takes your phone, staring at the post with the attached selfie.

"Found these in my locker this morning. If you're upset with me, please be mature and confront me personally."

"You're asking for death Y/N." Akaashi mumbles, handing you your cellphone back. "If something happens to you..." His words stop short.

What exactly should he say right now? That he'll be upset? That he'll be worried? That she deserved it for taunting them?

"I'll have you know I took self defense classes back in middle school. If anything happens, I'll be able to protect myself." You raise one of your arms up, pretending to flex. Akaashi stares at Y/N, the corner of his lips wanting to curl up. He holds back his laughter. "Sure." He mutters out.

"You don't believe me?" You question Akaashi, pursing your lips together. He shakes his head, answering honestly, "No. Not really. The only time I've seen you look so confident was during our badminton game."

"Well...just know if you ever try anything, I'll kick your ass Keiji." You smirk, speaking in a playful tone.

"Oh?" Her statement amuses Akaashi. His eyes flicker for a moment. The two seem to have grown more comfortable around each other. The days of awkward silences disappearing. She reaches back for her shoes from his hands, stopping in front of the first year wing.

"Thanks for showing up at the teachers office for me." You smile at Akaashi. He nods his head, sliding his hand into the pocket of his black pants. You notice his tie is slightly off when you lower your eyes.

Did he run to the office to make his tie scrunch up against his white collared shirt like this?

Lowering the shoes onto the ground, you extend your hand towards his tie. Akaashi stiffens for a moment, confused to why Y/N's reaching towards him.

You blush when your fingers gently graze on his collared shirt as you try to neaten his tie. With his tie now straighten, you quickly pull your hands away. "I should...Yeah." Not making complete sentences, you grab your shoes off the ground and hurry inside.

Akaashi watches Y/N flee from him with a flushed face.

He exhales the breath he held. Lowering his eyes, he looks at the tie Y/N adjusted. Akaashi's heart reacted when Y/N's fingers brushed against his chest. The feeling completely unknown to him. Ignoring it for now, he hurries off to his homeroom.