Distracted

"You look pretty today Y/N." Konoha tries to make light conversation as you two drive around aimlessly. Pursing your lips, you stare out of the window. "I guess you don't look bad yourself." Konoha perks up from your compliment. He notices the necklace that lays beautifully on your chest. "That necklace, did your parents give it to you?"

Shaking your head, you place a hand over the diamond necklace. "It's my moms. She's just letting me borrow it." Konoha slowly nods his head. "Should I get you your own necklace then?" Raising an eyebrow, you turn to look at Konoha. "Do you always buy things for a girl on a first date? If so, how are you not broke yet."

A dry chuckle escapes Konoha. "No, the most I pay is for the food. But you're a friend and you're playing along with this fake date."

"So that equals a diamond necklace worth?" You smirk. "I don't need anything from you Konoha." He grumbles. "Akinori, Y/N."

"Akinori." You mumble. He smirks when he hears Y/N's response. He takes a right turn and pulls into one of the garages under the mall. "Have you been to this mall before?" You curiously ask him.

"Hm, just once in awhile. Usually I come here if my dad sends me on an errand to pick up his suit." Konoha wears a warm smile when he talks about his dad. The opposite of how you respond when you talk about either of your parents. "You love your dad very much don't you Akinori?" The car comes to a stop when he parks. He turns off the car and glances over to you with a nod. "Yeah. I don't have a mom so my dad doubles the amount of love he gives to me."

You stiffen when you hear Konoha.

He doesn't have a mom? May that be the reason why he's always wanting attention from females?

You feel a bit guilty for speaking harshly to him now.

Konoha unbuckles your belt and steps out first to open the door for you. He extends a hand out with a smirk. "M'lady, are you ready to start our date?" Pressing your lips together you wonder if you should tease him. You place your hand in his, matching his smirk. "I have no choice now, do I?"

Konoha shakes his head, not letting go of your hand. He locks his car before leading you towards the elevator. Your eyes lower to his large hand. "Your hands are much softer than Keiji's." You murmur. Konoha tenses when he hears you, his hand squeezes your small one. "What's that suppose to mean?"

"You must not take volleyball very seriously?" You shrug, pulling your hand away to look at his palm. Your finger traces against his palm and he jolts slightly, a blush streaking on his face.

"Ugh. You're making me self conscious about my hands Y/N." Konoha pulls his hand away from you. Giggling you shrug, placing your hands back to your sides. The two of you step inside the elevator and take the ride up to the first floor of the mall. "Looks like the Miss and young master Konoha are getting along." Pierre steps out of the driver seat, raising his sunglasses over his eyes. Akaashi stares at the closed elevators with a still expression. From afar the two actually looked like a perfect couple. They're laughing and smiling with one another.

A tight pain clenches in Akaashi's chest. It upsets him that Y/N can make those expressions easily to another person. "Are you coming Akaashi?" Pierre calls over to Akaashi by the elevator. "We'll lose them if we idle around here."