34 - good luck

*omg guys before we get any further, let me make something clear. In the last chapter Mikey held up one finger bc his score is one. He wasn't saying that he won. I'm sorry, that was so misleading pls forgive my awful writing. Mikey is a good boy, better than the others at least*

*ashton pov*

"You know, she never liked me. I'd try to distract her, but she was never interested," Luke mumbles.

We're sitting on my bed in the hotel room. I told the guys I wanted to be alone, but Luke insisted on coming in my room. It kind of pissed me off, because now I can't cry in peace. I'm not sure where Calum is and I don't really care. Michael wanted to go to bed.

"You didn't want me to win, that's why you talked to her," I say quietly. He stays silent and I glance at him.

"No, Ashton. That's not why I did it. I wanted her to stop talking to you, that's true. But not so I could take her. I felt bad for the girl, she didn't deserve that," He scoffs.

"I was gonna tell her. I planned on doing it early, when I went to her house. I just got so distracted," I smile sadly and my eyes start stinging from fresh tears. I've never cried this much over a girl.

"I knew this would happen, Ashton. I fucking knew it. As soon as you really started talking to her, you started to fall. I could tell. It's like you forgot you had been playing her," Luke says.

"I didn't fall for her," I shake my head.

"Maybe not, but you were happy. And maybe, eventually, you would've fell for her," He moves around so that he's laying on his stomach. My back is against the headboard and I keep moving around because I'm uncomfortable.

"But the reality is," He sighs. He throws his head on a pillow and laughs shortly, "She could do so much damn better."

"You're not really making me feel better," I mumble.

"I'm not here to make you feel better, Ashton. I'm here to make you realize that you screwed up!" He snaps.

"You don't think I know that? I've known this would happen, Luke. I knew it was never going to work and I still tried. To be honest, I'm glad Henry deleted her number. I don't want her to be paranoid to receive a text from me," I shrug.

"That's not true," He groans. He picks up his phone and I try to look at who he's texting. He wouldn't text Maddie in front of me, would he? He might, but she definitely wouldn't text him back. She doesn't trust any of us.

"Would you like to read my texts? Damn dude," He laughs and I smile a little.

"Who is it?" I nod. He starts giggling and then sits up so that he's on his legs. He has this childlike grin on his face and some color is rising to his cheeks.

"You really wanna know?" He laughs.

"I wouldn't have asked otherwise," I sigh.

"It's Jordan," He says quietly.

I start frowning and then shake my head. "No, dude. Did you not hear Maddie?"

He snickers a little and I try to grab his phone. He holds it out of my reach and I shake my head. "How the hell did you get her number anyway?" I ask him.

"Remember when Maddie was looking for her phone? It was next to me while you guys were crying and shit. Anyway, I got Jordan's number off of it and texted her tonight," He blushes a little.

"But why?" I shrug and he shrugs in return.

"Dude, I think something may be wrong with her. I'm not being mean, I just, I don't know she seems kind of..." I trail off, trying to find the right word.