🌹Bad News🌹

NO POV

At the Angelwood Hospital, doctors went straight into surgery on Amari. They need to do blood transfusion due to the blood that she has lost. The swelling on her brain started to become a problem. All of this is happening because the police didn't seek help immediately. The hospital called for a neurosurgeon  because of the bones sticking out of her skull and massive bleeding. Her skull split open due to the impact of the body slam the second police officer did.

Back at the scene, Kyra managed to get herself calm before she started driving to the hospital. The Sergeant did give her a police escort to the hospital. Officer Mike knew things were going to be extremely bad due to how everything is handled. Plus the Sergeant didn't even bother to cover up Mike's mistakes. At the hospital, Mike gave Kyra Amari's things. She checked everything that Amari had in her bag and wallet, but something was missing. Kyra knows that Amari always keeps at least two hundred in twenties in her wallet at all times.

"There is money missing from her wallet." Kyra told the Sergeant, and Mike is standing next to her.

"There was no money in there when I checked." Mike lied through his teeth.

"See this is not what we are about to do. I know for a fact that she leaves two hundred dollars in twenty dollar bills in her wallet. Nothing more, nothing less. That is something she has always done. So now you're stealing from her after you possibly killed her." Kyra said as calmly as possible.

The Sergeant could see through his lies. The Sergeant once was a private investigator, and always could tell if a person was lying to him. By Mike's body language, and him not being able to stand still, the Sergeant could tell he was hiding something. As they argued over the fact that money is now missing, he studied both of their body language.The Sergeant believes Kyra because she has no reason to lie about anything.

"Mike...I need you and Stanley to remove your badge and duty belt. Williams, Gardner arrest these two. Mike and Stanley you are under arrest for first and second degree assault, and theft. I believe her, and she has no reason to even lie about money missing." he said.

"Come Bryan, you can't do this." Officer Stanley said.

"I will write down their names and badge numbers down for you Mrs. Victoria. I will also be giving you a case number too. I pray that Amari has a successful recovery with no type of brain damage, and again I deeply apologize for the pain that they have caused you." Bryan said.

Bryan took everyone to somewhere private so the arrest can be done. The third officer sat in the waiting room with his head down on his hands.

"Miss, I did everything I could. I was too late to see what was going on." His eyes are red as if he was crying. This took a toll on him because he could picture one of his kids in this situation. Even though all the bad police officers there are still ones with a heart and do their job correctly.

A notification sound went off on Amari's iPad, and it came from her email. Kyra put Amari's password in, and saw a notification from the security system. Before things hit the fan, Amari made sure the surveillance footage was forward to her work email. They both watched the video of Mike pulling his gun out on Amari, words were exchanged for a while, then Stanely just came over and slammed her to the ground. Instantly they handcuffed her while Mike had his knee on the back of Amari's neck. They left her there on the ground bleeding as they searched through her person, her bag, and her car.

"Oh my god." the third officer said lowly. It clearly showed the two pocketing the money and tossing her wallet on her as they went back to searching. Then it showed him coming to the scene and immediately started to help Amari.

Anger and sadness washed over Kyra, as the love of her life is again fighting for her life.

--

In surgery, they had to shave Amari's head because of all the blood that was happening and to fix the crack. As they relieve some pressure and were able to fix the part of her skull that was damaged. It took a few hours for the surgery to be complete and put Amari in the intensive care unit. The neurosurgeon came out looking for Kyra.

"Are you Kyra Rose?" the surgeon came up to her and the third officer.

"Yes I am." Kyra said as the surgeon came closer.

"Well Ms. Rose, the surgery was successful. Unfortunately Ms. Victoria did slip into a coma, and there is no telling how long she will be. The impact of whatever transpired fractured her skull on the left side. It caused a compound fracture which means that it did break skin and some pieces of her skull on that side did come out. Also intracerebral hematoma, the impact of what happened did indeed bruise her brain. As serious of a head injury she sustained, there is no telling whether she has long or short term memory loss. She arrived with clear fluid and blood coming from her nose and ears. Plus, I never in my years seen a black person look pale. It seems as if her head has bounced off the ground a few times because of other materials such as concrete and rock around the area, and in her hair. So we did have to shave her bald, but that will grow back." The surgeon said.

"Dr..." "Dr. Van Dalen." "Dr. Van Dalen, can I at least see her."

"Of course Ms. Rose, got to floor 7 then room number 738. " Dr. Van Dalen told her. Kyra nodded in response. The surgeon pulled her aside to speak with her. "Make an authorized visitor list please. With the number of police here, this must have been police doing. Talk to nurse Norah, and she will put that list into the system. As much as they are supposed to protect and serve, they don't, and I don't trust them with an inch of my life. The damage is bad, but she survived this. Don't worry she will be in the best care possible.Good luck Ms. Rose."

Once the surgeon left, Kyra started calling her parents. Sonya dnd Kenneth were mortified of what happened to Amari. They always lectured Amari, and Audrey on being safe and calm when the police are around. What broke the camel's back was telling her actual granddad Hendrix. After Kyra got off the phone with him, he called the best lawyer money can buy.

Going up the seventh floor, and went to Amari's room. She dropped everything once she got close enough to see Amari. Amari laid in the hospital bed with a neck brace on, gauze wrapped around her head, and hooked up to different machines to keep her alive. Kyra's tears came out violently as she got closer to Amari. Her hands trembled seeing cuts down on Amari right eyebrow, on her left cheek, and on her top lip. A few minor scrapes on her arms.

A nurse was in there checking her vitals. The nurse saw her and couldn't even muster up a sad smile. She pulled Kyra into a motherly hug and Kyra broke down even more.

"She is a fighter. God has a plan for her and she will get through this." the nurse said everything that she could to calm Kyra down. Some other nurses saw the interaction between them and damn near cried themselves.

All Amari wanted to do was live her dream. Being an interior designer is a passion for her and more than just a job. Even though she can be at the top already, she chooses to start from the bottom, and prove that she is capable of doing it. It didn't matter if other people got promotions before her. It didn't matter if people pulled their rank or seniority over her. Amari was willing to give it all that she had before the company in the future will be signed over to her.

Now her life is on pause, but everything outside of that will continue.

--

The Next Day, August 7

Grandpa Hendix, Sonya, Kenneth, Jaxon, Tyla, Alexis, Dion, Georgia and Scottie all too Amari's grandfather's private jet to Las Vegas to see Amari. At eight in the morning, Kyra stayed in the ICU with Amari not wanting to go back to the hotel. Kyra wanted to believe that it was a dream, but she woke up to the sound of beeping, and Amari in the same condition that she saw her in last night.