🌹Court and Easter🌹

A few more chapters left then the book will be done.... no sequel so don't ask -Aj

Oh and I didn't edit so this might be trash or whatnot. I've been busy and stressed over the fact I have to do a drug test.

NO POV
February 19, 2019

Kyra chose to make this week her online week. That way she could still teach, but be in a different state at the same time. Grandpa Hendrix came up with his lawyer as well as Kyra's lawyer. They both wanted the two officers to go to jail. As Sergeant Bryan, and the third officer on their side, Mike and Stanley have to defend their actions.

Their promoters tried to get these officers to tell the truth even after being sworn on oath. They continued to say that Amari was resistant, and didn't cooperate with them. Then to said that she looked suspicious for being the only one coming out of a building with only one entrance to the parking lot.

"Ms. Rose, have you seen the incident that occurred on August 6 of 2018?" the defender of the officers asked.

"No, but I do have video footage of the encounter that happened." Kyra replied.

"How do you have footage when you arrive twenty minutes later?" the defender asked. "The only footage shown is the body cameras, and the security footage doesn't show much."

"Actually, Ms. Victoria had the security camera footage forward to her email. As an extra security measure she put cameras in the light poles that also capture audio too." Kyra said.

"May we see the video?" the judge asked Kyra.

"Your honor, this wasn't submitted to the court." the defender interrupted

"It was, the video please." the judge said

"But how do you know if the video is not edited or not?" the defender questioned the judge.

"I can sign into her email and pull up the exact email from that video attached to it." Kyra interjected. The judge thought about it, and thought that it would clear up any questions on whether the tape is tampered with or not.

"I will accept that, please proceed." The judge said.

Kyra signed into Amari's email in front of the entire room just for people to see that nothing is being tampered with. Holding down to the security email, she pulled up the video and played it. As everyone in the room watches the video, Mike and Stanley knows they will be doing some serious jail time. The people all gasped as they saw Stanley body slamming Amari down onto the concrete. Also seeing that she did nothing for this to even occur. It also showed the third officer actually trying to help Amari in this situation.

"I think we seen enough Ms. Rose. This display is just a mockery of what the police department defines. Based on what I have seen this video is not tampered with. Mike Parson and Stanley Barrea, there is no excuse for this type of behavior. Not only seeing you stealing from someone that could have died on your watch and because of your own doing, you failed to even call in an ambulance. It took someone else to even call for that immediate help. The jury, you now cast your places, the court is in recess." The judge said.

"We're fucked." Stanley said Mike.

"Yeah no shit. Better hope we get at least a less harsh sentence or at least probation." Mike said.

In record time, the jury already made their decision on whether Mike and Stanley are guilty or not. Court resumed, and Kyra is nervous and scared for the outcome of this case. Sergeant Bryan, and the third officer know they will eventually be run out of the department. Somebody is going to make false report to HR just so they have a reason to fire them or make them quit.

"In the case of Officer Mike Parsons and Stanley Barrea, we the jury find them guilty of first and second degree assault, and theft. Also along with tampering with evidence." a person apart of the jury said.

The judge nodded in agreement. " Mike Parsons and Stanley Barrea you are here by sentenced to sixty years in the state of Nevada prison with no parole." As the judge banged his gavel, court officers handcuffed Mike and Stanley.

--

Meanwhile back at the hospital, Nurse Norah could have sworn she seen Amari twitch a bit. It was very slight, but it still was a movement. Amari lost a good deal of weight due to being in the hospital. From a soil two hundred pounds to one hundred and fifty pounds. She is a lot more skinny than she was before. On the bright side of things, her hair did grow back. Kyra now twenty seven, and Amari now twenty four, things honestly aren't finished for them. Everyone wants Amari to wake up expect Jaxon. Even though Amari is his biggest supporter for his music.

April 7th, Easter Sunday

Kyra took another flight out to Nevada to be with Amari. Months passed since the incident happened, and hope began to die down. This started to take a bigger emotional toll on her. Watching Georgia and Scottie in a very happy relationship, and everyone else, she felt miserable without Amari. The thought of having a baby with Amari continued to pop into her head. Really wondering if Amari can have children.

"Loving the new hair color sweetie." Nurse Noah said walking into the room.

"Thank you. How is everything?" Kyra asked her.

"Great, surprised to see you today actually. Amari has shown some signs of waking up. She has been doing a lot of slight movements to be honest." Norah started writing down some of Amari's vitals, then directed her attention to Kyra.

"That is some good news to hear honestly. I know whenever she wakes up, she will be shocked at how much weight she lost." Kyra said.

"I believe so. She looked healthy, and very defined in her muscles." Nurse Norah even was surprised when she first had to wash up Amari.

As they talked more about other things, Amari actually started waking up. They heard the heart monitor race as they turned around seeing Amari's eyes open. Norah called some people to come in, and help with removing things that kept her alive. Amari kept her eyes on Kyra as they helped her. A nurse went out of the room to grab some water for Amari. They raised Amari's bed for her to sit up.

"Well aren't you Jesus. Right now I wouldn't talk just yet. A simple head nod of yes and no for any questions." Nurse Norah said. Amari nodded her head yes.