🌹Pressure 🌹

Do y'all like my style of writing? Do some things seem too slow, I'm not talking about my updating, but the plots of my stories? Just in general overall feedback because I feel like things are too slow and not getting to the point. Well that's probably why my books are extra long. -Aj

August 6
Sergeant Bryan POV

That lady is going to sue us to hell. I poured some more whiskey into my glass, still in my office at home. I don't think the chief can get us out of this one. There was no call of disturbance or suspicious activity for Mike to be over there in the first place. It is so obvious that the hotel, from what it looks like, wasn't open to the public yet. They took the necessary process to block off all entrances and exits expect for one opening. I'm not sticking my neck out for them.

"Honey, what's wrong?" my wife asked me.

"Work. You know Mike and Stanley did some iditotic things today that could have cost an innocent person's life. She broke down so badly, and I couldn't really do anything about it. Mike said that this WOMAN, Mike is just to stupid to know her gender, was coming out of a unfinished hotel. They have these concrete barriers to keep people out while it's being worked on. For what reason I don't know he went through the only entrance and exit, questioning the woman. But he pulled his gun out then Stanley came over and basically slammed her to the ground. There was so much blood coming out of her skull. Then what it seems like her wife or girlfriend called the woman's phone, then showed up on the scene. On top of everything, they stole money out of her wallet too."

"Oh my god, really?"

"Yes. I had to arrest them. Once it goes through IA, their charges will most likely hold. What makes matters worse is I looked at the woman's business card, looked up the company, and she shows some resemblance to the CEO of the company. I mean anyone could have the Victoria last name, but looking more into the background, the CEO is her grandfather. So that means the department and city are going to have the worst case to defend ever. I just feel it."

"Do you think there is a video of the incident?"

"I watched the body cams with the audio. No matter how they edit this, the charges will not go anywhere. Plus if they have security footage of this then we are fucked even more." I sat back in my chair.

--

Back to August 7
NO POV

Sonya is the second, but first person to see Amari. Kyra stayed the night in the ICU room. With everything going on, they allowed ehr to stay. Dr. Van Dalen came back to the room to check on Amari's vitals, adn to change her head wrap.

"Doctor is everything alright?" Sonya asked him.

"Well Mrs. Bassett, Amari is medically okay. Physically, things will take some time to heal. During the surgery, her brain activity were very active. I believe she was fighting fo there life, metaphorically. Now her being in the coma, I don't have an answer to say when she will wake up. That is up to her body to determine that." Dr. Van Dalen said.

Sonya and Kyra watched as the nurses and Van Dalen took the bandage off. They both gasped seeing the long scar on her head.

"Will her hair grow back?" Sonya asked. Even though that isn't important, it's a legitimate question.

"Yes and no. Sometimes hair doesn't grow over scars. Maybe little hairs, but not enough to say that she will have a full head of hair again. Then again, it can grow all the way back. If you want to come closer, this is where some of her skull fragments did tear the skin. She has a decent size metal plate there too. The fragments were mixed between small pieces to medium size.