Astrid's POV: I borrow a pen (no double meaning)

Okay, kill me if you want to-

I have seen my best friend laying on the floor, dead. It was shocking, like hella shocking and sad (Hey, don't expect me to be that good with my vocab, its Percy's job). Now, if you are asking why me the not-so-touchy-touchy girl (that is me) held hands with that scumbag? 

See, we have a weird history, as I have already told you, these 2 idiots were my only loyal source of support after the incident. So, well, now one of them is dead, then who can I mourn with? 

The other one, right?

And thats what I did, we both needed each others' support, so well I made it easier to mourn and forget.

But then, my eye catches something moving in the bushes- something huge and definately scary. I would love to tell you that I did something a person would do- but I didnt. Instead of running away from it, I walked towards it- neither charging or running.

So, thats what got us in trouble. I pushed the bushes with my hand and saw a beautiful scenery- hills, houses, trees, and you know, the usual wow this is so beautiful place.And also note the fact that it radiates some kind of aura- like come here idiot, I will protect you. But my gaze still remained on that thing, I didnt know what it was, but still i was interested to follow it, but that thing didnt reveal itself. 

If I tried to listen closely, I could hear serpentine hiss hiss of snakes. I suddenly had a feeling that I should go inside the gates of that place- you know the wow place, as I would call it. I read the board- cmap ahlf beld. It was hard to read from a distance but I finally manage to read it properl- Camp Half Blood. 

Then i look at the moving bushes and wonder, I had come with people, people who were my friends, and they were- they were behind me!

I glance a look behind me and no one was there- but I saw them running towards the camp. And duh, I follow them. I run as fast as I could and catch the guys easily. I overtake them and speed off into those gates. Many people had gathered around to check out the commotion, as the hissing was now even more loud. Another thing that I notice was they were all wearing the same bright orange camp half blood t-shirts and all of them were accessorised with weird bead necklaces. Another thing they had in common- terror on their faces.  

I watched as they got armed with bows and arrows, a few unseathed their weapons and the rest- who were in the middle of a food fight, stopped and ran to arm themselves.  With frickin' real weapons. The sharp eadges of a blade, the pointy arrows and the spears, they were all real. Real- as-hell.

I have learned fencing in many camps and they always thought with wooden blades, not fun. I have always dreamt of weilding a real sword and fighting some worthy opponent. 

"Doesnt look like those summer camps where your parents would approve you to go" I say to my amigos.

They exchange horrified looks. "What" I protest.

"Na-da".

 We gather beside the campers. All of them looked at us with horror, but were still nice to us.Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a boy with messy jet black hair and sea green eyes like mine. He looked around 18, tall and muscular, but his face told the truth(even if he had a mustache of blue cream) . His face made it clear that he was distraught- he had cried a lot, and the way he was staring into nothingness proved that he was just present physically. He took out a pen from his pocket and uncaps it- oh my god, it turns into a sword. Cool af. My friends greet the campers with "hi" and my first question was 

"Are those real" I point at the pen-sword.

"Yup" nods a girl with brown hair and colourful eyes. She was armed with a dagger which made her look pretty dangerous.

"Do I get one?" I ask expectantly.

"Hold your horses" she says.

 I  didnt know why these people were so horrified( maybe because of the moving thing) but I wasnt scared of the hidden thing- atleast it wasnt following us. 

The green eyed boy edges closer and says "Duck". 

Oh lol, he wanted ducks now. But then a loud hissing sound fills the valley- and I know what he meant. I duck (as in to lower your body, and not the ducky donald duck duck). 

"thanks" i croak as I look at the boiling acid spat from something behind me, which was now smoldering in front of me. If I would have been another second late, I would have died.

I look behind, and couldnt believe my eyes- nine serpentine heads were attached to a monstrous body with four legs. The fangs were as sharp as shark teeth and the scaly reptilian body which was bloody red did not make it look any friendlier. It stood as tall as a ten foot tower and was definately not in a mood to say "oh, I am happy, so why dont I go somewhere else".

Somehow, I knew its name.

"The Lernaean Hydra " Percy stammers. Yup.

Before I could argue, Skylar sopke up "But how did it come back, Hercules had killed it right?". And yes, that is what I was gonna way.

Some random boy says "Wait, you can see it? Oh, right. Well. we deal with this stuff all the time".

What stuff, like these monsters and stuff, I think he has lost his marbles.

Something I hadnt noticed again, was the thunder looming above us. And then, yup, in a matter of seconds, we were all drenched up in water( that means it was raining, okay?). But one teensy detail- the water made me feel better. Yup, it did, and I already do love water.

And then, I , stare in awe as the archers launch their arrows towards the hydra, and it hit the target. But another thing, the hydra didnt care, it just thought of the arrows as some kind of pockey pockey stick and charged. Yup, charged right towards me. 

So, what do I do, I armour up. And from where- a strange boy who you have jut met and said "duck" with- I snatch the sword from the boy's hand. His grip has unwisely lose,and he didnt protest and the blade seemed balanced in my hand- not too heavy or not too light like swords I used to do fencing with- it was perfect.

I take the boy's sword and charge the Hydra, but to better put it- I charged to my death.

Then, the Hydra ignored me and continued charging towards a very awe-strucked Percy. It used its razor sharp fangs to wound him on the shoulder. His scream filled the valley. Blood started dripping from his wound, and in noo longer than five seconds, he was standing in a circle of blood. Real blood casading from his shoulders.

"NOOO" I yell at the top of my lungs and charge, this time a way more fiercely. I feel a burst of energy- nobody hurts my friends, even if it may be a 1000 pound monster or a small buzzing bee. I feel a powerful adrenaline rush and charge with a sword and a lot of aggression.

I could hear water bursting from a pipe type of sound but ignored it- now all that mattered was killing this demon.

I cuss in Hindi (I had learned it as a language and what is better than to curse in a language that nobody here knew?).

"You hurt my friend".