I finally eat blue fries

I charged the monster. The rain had covered the evening sky and darkened it a lot.I could hear someone saying 'no. no. no' behind me. But I ignored it, I had to help my friends. When the monster was in range, I wield my sword cut one of its heads. Phew, I thought, 8 more to go. But then as soon the head touched the ground, the hydra grew two more heads instead of that one cut head. The whole process just took about three seconds. And also, now the Hydra had ten heads, yay.I look back at Percy, he was bleeding a lot and a few of the campers were escorting him to some house. Then I look at Skylar, who was beside Percy, helping the other people. I was enraged, and then I heard the water blowing out of the pipe noise again, and looked at the Hydra- it was getting blasted with water.Who was doing that?Then I looked down at my hands and realised that I was controlling the water. I was the one who was blasting the monster with a huge force of water. Unbelievable. The hydra was busy enough with the water so I risked a look behind. All the campers were staring at me in awe, looking at something on my head."Astrid, fire" I hear a weak voice say my name- it was Percy. I looked at him and nodded, and trust me, I did not want to say congratulations now. A big no-no."Astrid, Hercules defeated the Hydra by cutting its head but then he toasting it" he croaks. His wounded shoulder was definately hurting him a lot. But I nod, and start searching by brain.So, this Hercules guy defeated the Hydra- and the Hydra has eight mortal heads and one immortal head...Then I get one of those sudden buzzes, I remember what happened, Hercules sliced the head and then sealed it with fire. Perfecto, but how will I get fire now?"Fire" I shout out of my mind, thinking that someone would just be like, oh, take some fire. Plus, it was raining, so even if the camp had torches, they were most probably blown. The campers looked confused so I thought I'd better explain "I mean the fire fire, not gunfire"."Somebody need fire?". The voice was pretty annoying and sarcastic, then a small boy cam from the crowd. He was wearing a toolbelt on his waist. He had curly black hair, and a mischievious smile."Lets play with fire, baby" he says. I was distracted like a way too distracted- that I forgot that the monster was being held back by the water, which was being controlled by me, and what will happen if I got distracted, it stops.So the Hydra charged again, this time a way more quick and confident. But again it wasn't aiming me, it was aiming Percy, noooooooooooo."Hey, you" I point at the petite boy "I slice its head, you spray it with fire". Even though I did not know how he will get fire, maybe summon it as the people did in movies. I don't know, this whole new thing was pretty overwhelming.Ne nods and takes position. "At three" I say."one" I get ready,"two" I jump"three" I slice its head and fall down.The falling down caused me to break a few bones but I bore the pain. It went as planned- the boy was covered in fire, and when I was out of range and before the other heads could grow, he threw a fireball at the beast, making a sizzling hydra and made the air smell of burnt reptile. "One down, nine to go" he says and dances- the whole scene looked pretty weird- a whole new of strange- a Hydra roaring in pain, while a tiny boy covered in flames was dancing and another startled girl was getting up from the ground.

The Hydra did not take time to recover its senses. But even I didn't. I counted again and performed my kill-the-demon cycle- get ready, jump, slice, burn.( and also cover your nose, cause burning reptile smells bad)

"Two down, eight to go" I roar, but on the inside, I was exhausted just by slicing two heads, I don't know if I could cut more two without dropping dead, but I managed.

Oh, and did I mention that it was raining? I know, so how was the fire on and everything, so, listen, peeps, I have seen a lot of weird happening to me since last month, so this was just a new thing. 

The Hydra spat poison at me and I rolled over to the other side, but I didnt notice one thing.

"Ooouuch" I scream out of agony. My hand went all numb as the poison touched it, pain seared through my right hand, where an old scar was. Out of all places- it had to be there. I looked at my injured hand, which was now smoldering and the acid was burning through my flesh, going deep inside my skin. 

Bad news: It was looking gross, like the yellowish acid burning through my pink flesh(why was my flesh pink, why couldn't it be blue?). I had to muster all my courage to look at it and not faint.

Good news: I always knew that if you were one-handed in combat, it would be a loss. So, I taught myself how to fight with both hands. So, like now, my right hand was disabled, i used my left hand to wield my sword. 

I toss the sword to my other hand and scream again, to let out the pain."One, two three" I repeat my cycle once again- get ready, jump, slice, fall down and break a few bones while the boy burns the demon. Three down. We repeat it once again. The poison hurt me in many other places but it was minute, the most hurting was my right hand. 

"Curse you" I charge again, cutting the head again and falling down.

We repeated our demon-killing-cycle until only one head was left- which was definitely the immortal head.

But another thing, the immortal head cannot be killed.

"What did that  starbucks guy do to the immortal head?" I asked fire boy.

"Starbucks guy?"

"That Hercules guy"

"oh, I think he buried the head"

"oh, but what do we do" I ask.

"We do the same"

"okay," I say, even though I wanted to argue, but didn't have the strength. The acid was killing me. I figured it wouldn't be long before I passed out.

"But the hole?" I ask.

He takes something out of his belt and presses it-maybe a detonator because as soon as he presses it, a blast happens and blows the mud and ta-da! We had a huge carter in front of us.

"What did you just say" he demands.

"Ready?" I slice. He fires but when the head falls on the ground, I cut it into tiny pieces which was gross but I had to do it and then with help of other campers we toss it into the pit and burry they demon head in 200 pounds of mud. My hand didnt seem io get any better.

And then, I collapse.

Good thing: I had no dreams

Bad thing: The hand was just horrible.

I woke up to the sound of someone crying.

I opened my eyes and winced with pain- my hand, it was hurting again. The crying stopped and I looked at the source- the green-eyed boy from who I had borrowed the sword. His face was a real mess because of crying.

"Sorry for your sword" I manage to croak.

He looked at me- we both shared the same sea-green eyes. "No prob" he sobs.

I smelled food, especially blue food, where was it? I turn my head to look in every direction, finally, on a table to my left was a plate filled with blue fries. 

I point at them "gimme".

Then he smiles "Sure", he passed me the fries "sis".