Prologue

"I'm going back to Vladivostok.", I declared my decision in front the board member. A murmur started among them at my sudden declaration. 

"Ione.", Hana hissed at me

"I'll start a branch there and work from there for the time being.", I said sternly which caused the murmurs death.

"We'll further continue the discussion and convey the protocols.", Hana said dismissing the meeting. I walked out of the meeting room and went straight back to my cabin. My feet had a dull pain which distracted me.

"Ione!", Hana barged into my cabin and only she is allowed to do that as a co-founder of our start-up and my best friend. 

Hana was the first person I trusted after landing in Kyoto about 6 years ago and we were close ever since. We started this start-up about 2 years ago as an entrepreneurship venture but it turned out well so we decided to expand it. She knows most of my past but there are somethings which I still haven't told her. 

"Why are you going back?", she asked breaking me out the daydream.

"Daddy called me back, he wants some help with the company.", My daddy was one of the largest tycoons known in Russia and he had many companies under the shelter of a parent company which was directly controlled by him and my step-brother, Lucas.

"Lucas is taking care of things so why do you need to go back?"

"I'll find out soon"

"When are you leaving"

"Next week"

"When will you come back?"

"Not sure"

"Why?"

"I'll open our branch there and work from there.", she rolled her eyes at my statement, "Maybe you can come there and help me out in few months."

"Who will entertain a bitch like you?", she said sarcastically 

"Someone did?", I smirked at her and that spiked her curiosity.

"Who? Why do I not know about this story?"

"It was a long time ago."

"Still, tell me about it."

"Its a long story."

"I'm done for the day!', she declared.

" Have compiled all the designs we're going to present on the runway next month?'

She opened her dairy to check, "Are the dresses gone for stitching already? The shoemaker was suppose to submit the final drafts before starting with work, did he send it to you?", I bombarded her with questions

"Wait till I get you at home.", she said walking back to her desk. She started calling different departments for the reports. I continued working on new designs for the next season.

We finished work and left together for the apartment. Hana and I lived together since we started High school in Kyoto. We drove back in silence, Hana was pissed that I didn't tell a part which changed my life.

"Lets get some drinks and food on the way.", I suggested

"Why?", she was clearly pissed.

"Its going to be a long night."

"What do you mean"

"I'll tell you about the best time of my life."

"Yes!!", she looked like a girl who got her hands on a jar of cookies.

We picked some barbeque meat and alcohol to accompany it. It took us about an hour to settle down with food, alcohol and mood.

"Tell me everything from the beginning.", she looked at me eagerly

"It started four years after my mother's death.", I started telling her with a small smile on my face

"Wait.", she cut me and clicked a picture.

"What?", I asked.

"I have known you for six years now but I had never seen such a smile on your face, so I wanted to capture the moment."

"Wait till you hear the whole thing.", I said smiling internally

"Woah"

"It started when I was bored with my regular toys and I wanted something new."

"Oh.."

"The new was a person not a thing and he had a name, KIt", I started telling her about the best time of my life which had turned my life upside down.