𝟸 - ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ

The next day

The next day.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

"Oh whatever, it's just another year closer to death." I said to my friend, Alex.

I've known Alex since we were kids. She greeted me on the first day of kindergarten and I guess, we just kicked it off from there. I'm so lucky we got accepted into the same college. She has brown hair, similar to mine, and she's a bit taller than me. She's known for being cheerful and loving. I don't know how we ended up as friends because I'm nothing like that. Even though we may be different from each other, I love her and I know she loves me too.

"Heyyyy, that's no way to start the day. I mean come on, it's your 19th birthday." She exaggerated 19th way too much.

"That doesn't make it any more special than my last birthday." I stated bluntly.

She was quick to talk back. "What is up your åss?" I gently smiled at her before replying, "I don't know maybe because I have no plans tonight. So I'll just be home alone with Sugar like every other night."

I shrugged at her, knowing that she will find some way to "cheer" me up. We were currently on our way to the NYU campus.

"How about we go to the club tonight?"

"Oh hellllll no. Do you remember last time we went there? You were so drunk that you thought a 45 year old man was me." I cackled thinking about how stupid it was.

"That was a mistake.." Her voice was filled with embarrassment. I could see her cheeks turning a shade of pink.

"For Heaven's sake, he was about to take you to God knows where and do God knows what with you." It was quite crazy to think about.

"I won't be drinking as much just please do this. You never go anywhere anymore." She begged me.

I had to think long and hard about this. I was lucky the last time we were at a club. She told me she found this hot guy, so I left her alone. The next thing I knew, she was getting into a strangers car, stumbling over every step. I never ran so fast to get to her before the man took off. I managed to get her safe and sound in her house that night, but it was still a close call.

I looked back at Alex's eyes. She was desperate. I could see that she honestly believed that this would be good for me. I didn't know if I could trust her on this though.

I scrunched up my face, mentally debating over if I should say yes or no and finally, I answered. "Fine." I huffed out. I know I'll regret this later but I didn't want to let Alex down, especially after all the other offers I refused from her.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

——————————

I had my last boring class of the day and now I was signaling a taxi. I still have no idea what happened yesterday when I bumped into that man. Fück, I didn't even get his name. He was handsome alright. He had a sharp jawline, pink smooth lips, intimidating green eyes, nice body, and from what I can remember, he had brown curly locks that looked so soft. Almost like it was meant to be played with. But how could anyone forget his tattoos? They were addicting to look at. I wonder what was the meaning behind every piece of art, inked on his skin.