𝟷𝟾 - ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴ

The tension in the air as I sat next to Zayn on the bed was torturing

The tension in the air as I sat next to Zayn on the bed was torturing. I felt Louis's eyes on me. I went on the bed, my back against the headboard as I tuned into what the news was saying, getting comfortable on the vanilla scent pillows.

All that the news kept talking about was the murders, as it always did, and mostly circled around that. I zoned out because of the strong tension in the room between me and Louis. He had watched me sit down on the couch and now he couldn't seem to take his disgusting eyes off me.

Maybe, if I stare right back at him, he will stop staring. It was worth the try.

With one deep breath, I turned to glare right back at him, as his sea-green eyes pierced mine. The moment I locked eyes with him, I felt weakened. The stare was hard to keep. I wanted to look away, anywhere else but I stood my ground. He didn't seem to have a hard time with staring me down. He was faced me, away from the TV. I couldn't hear anything as I focused on his sharp eyes.

Keep your eyes on his, don't let go. Hold it a little longer. I'm sure he's going to look any way now. Stand your ground.

"Hey Toria." Suddenly I heard Zayn say. It made me flicker my hazel eyes out of the heated stare I was having with Louis. I was caught off guard and I could see a smirk creep up on Louis's face.

He won.

Forget it, I thought. I turned my head to Zayn, giving him the sign to continue.

"I have to go.. do a favor for Harry. Are you going to be alright with Louis?" He asked, crushing my heart. There was no way I was going to be stuck with the same very person who attempted to murder me in front of Zayn.

My hazel eyes expressed my desperation, as I grabbed Zayn's arm to stop from leaving the bed. I looked at him, eyebrows a bit furrowed from worry, and whispered so that it could only be heard from as far as Zayn.

"No." I coward, glancing back at Louis to see if he was watching me squirm like a scared mouse, and I found that he was watching indeed, like a hawk, and had the smirk still on his face.

I let out a slightly shaky breath before I continued talking to Zayn. "Please don't leave me with him. He tried choking me to death when you were present. Imagine what he'll do if no one is in the room." I pushed. I was almost off the white covers of the bed, nearly digging my nails on Zayn's arm, scared of the thought of being in the same room with Louis.. Alone.

"Oh don't worry. He knows Harry wouldn't like that." Zayn persuaded, but enough for me to accept.

Zayn walked away, causing my grip to slip from his strong arms, and the confidence to fade away in me quickly. I watched as he took the car keys from the cabinet near the bed, and walked his way towards the door.

Soon, the only person with the closest sane mind left, leaving me weak in the room with someone who burned me with his eyes.

My breath quivered as I tried to take a deep breath in and out. I was nearly off the bed but I didn't have the guts to move an inch. I knew Louis was still staring at me but I cowardly stayed in my position, faced away from him, and closed my eyes shut, waiting for anything to happen.