𝟸𝟺 - sᴏʀʀʏ?

Wait wait wait

Wait wait wait. So I'm not going to die? Or is this some type of trick where Harry's doing Louis' dirty work?

"Toria, get up," Harry demanded. I was still in a huddled position, confused out of my mind, but I did as followed, using my right hand to support me from the bed.

"Wait, where's Louis?" I asked in curiosity, mostly because I wanted to know if I was still going to get murdered or not. It was hard to regain my normal breathing pattern but I eventually got it.

"I let him go." He simply said.

The moments those words flew from his mouth, my mouth went dry, simply confused out of my mind.

"You just... let him go?" I questioned, trying to understand if I heard him right. That would make no sense. Why would he purposely lose a member of his "crew," or whatever he calls it, out of nowhere?

"Yeah." He deadpanned, searching for something through his drawers when he moved closer to his cabinets near the bed. "He was causing so much trouble, and it wasn't benefiting anything." I watched him bend down and pick up a familiar white object from the cabinet.

"But still... Wasn't he your, quote on quote, mate?" I questioned.

"Yeah, so? He's not my friend so I don't care for him like that." I heard Harry say.

"Well," I said, clearly still not understanding why, "How do you know he's not going to rat you out to the police?" I had so many questions and it only increased the more I asked.

I moved so that I was sitting right next to him on the bed, causing both of our bodies to slightly touch.

He turned to me, with the cigarette he found in his mouth as he cupped his hand over the lighter and created the spark. I watched him speak while the cigarette moved along with it. "He's not stupid. He knows if he says a word, it'll just backfire and shit on his face." The smoke invaded my view and nostrils as he spoke.

Harry seemed calm about everything. Me, on the other hand, I felt weird about it all.

"Harry, I still don't understand. Why just... let him go?" Not that I was comparing or anything but it was all just so confusing to me. I watched him give me an eye roll before he put the toxic cigarette in between his finger, pulling it out, and looking straight into my eyes.

"We had a talk while you were hiding. I had to calm him down before he did something stupid, and that's when I realized he was still not over me. I can't have that. It just creates a vulnerability for us. That's never a good thing so I told him to take a hike." He said with one final huff before he inhaled the smoke again.

I get it. I'm annoying him with these questions but it just seems off. All of it. I'm not complaining though. At least I don't have to worry about Louis anymore.

But I still felt horrible. Louis was attached to this... vile man and I just made it worse by coming in between them. Now Louis is somewhere, alone, because Harry got annoyed of him and let him go. I shouldn't feel sorry for someone who murders, but kind of did. Mostly because I'm the one that caused it to get 10x worse.