𝟹 - ʟɪғᴇʟᴇss

So there I was, conflicted on what to do next

"Everyone, line up against the wall." The officer's voice demanded. We were in an alley, between two buildings with about 5 yards of space. There was nothing here except a large garbage can, I assumed was for one of the buildings. The sky was a shade of dark blue, indicating it was late, which made the experience all the more "fun."

Alex and I hurried to the wall, knowing that polices weren't understanding when it came to these types of things. I dropped my purse next to me when I stood still. Alex was still crying but she seemed calmer. The bloody man, on the other hand, took his time and even then, he didn't quite follow the officer's directions. He moved so that he was right beside me. I looked at him and saw his fake smile before he bent down to my ear.

"Nice seeing you again love. I didn't know you were the bad girl type." He whispered coldly, clearly enjoying himself. I could feel a strand of his curly hair on my cheek as he did so. His warm breath fanned against my ear, mixed with a cool breeze blowing on my skin, causing me to shiver. He was unbelievable.

"I didn't do anything. It was you murdering a man in fücking public." I harshly whispered so that he could only hear. I didn't want Alex to get any wrong ideas.

He seemed to have found that funny and he hummed in response, the fake smile still very much there. "Baby, if I was trying to murder the guy, he would've been dead minutes ago. I wanted to make him suffer instead." His British accent sounding more devilish. My breath hitched in my throat, before hesitantly moving my head forward so that I wasn't facing him anymore. This man was terrifying. Really terrifying. I held a petrified expression the whole way through.

Our shoulders were now brushing against each other. His bare skin softly pushing onto my naked skin. I could feel his warm body next to mine. It felt.. weird. I had goosebumps in response to our touch.

"What exactly happened?" The officer questioned, seeming very annoyed. He looked like he had been through this all before. Tony was still laying on the floor as paramedics rushed to carry him into the truck. With a few minutes, he was driven off to the hospital.

"Officer, he was trying to rape this young, beautiful woman." The devious man paused, looking at Alex and winking, showing off his deep dimple. This made her gag and sob a little bit louder.