Chapter 5: Alone

Song: Numb by Jessi

Taehyung pov:
I was sitting in a tree watching the sun go down behind the cornfield. A smile crept on my face as the last rays of sunshine disappeared and made place for the moon and the stars. I let my gaze wander over the night sky and let out a sigh. I jumped out the tree and toke a stroll through the cornfield. My fingers grazing the corn what put a smile on my face. "You know it is pretty weird to touch corn in the middle of the night." Somin says from the edge of the field
"Somin what are you doing here alone?" I ask her a little startled.
"What do you mean alone, do you think I need a bodyguard with me all the time, I might be the daughter of Hades, but I can protect myself." She replies annoyed.
"I am sorry. I just have never seen you alone before."
"Sometimes I need to be alone." She mutters before walking towards me "Why are you here alone?"
"I had a fight with BM and needed a place to think and I do that best surrounded by farmers or something that reminds me of them."
"Ah your half-brother." She nods.
"Yes." I reply.
"It must be nice having siblings." She sighs.
"Sometimes BM can be a pain in the ass and my sister, Persephone the goddess of vegetation is married to your dad so I can't see her much."
"But you still have contact right?"
"We write letters and such." I sigh sadly "But I would like to have a real conversation with her some time."
"Can't you ask your mother Demeter for help?" She asks.
"Sadly she can't do anything." I pout "But enough about me why did you wanted to be alone?"
"I wanted to feel like a normal person for once." She mumbles.
"Normal, what even is normal?" I ask her to take her hand and squeezing it tight "Normal is different in everyone's point of view."
"You are right." She replies before placing her head on my shoulder "I like talking to you."
"I do too." I reply honestly. I think she would make a great friend since I don't have a lot of friends here.
"Taehyung can I kiss you?" She suddenly blurted out. What made me freeze in shock and stare at her confused. "I am sorry." She quickly apologized.
I show her a little smile "Somin you should know that I am gay."
She lifted her head and looked at me with an unreadable expression "Really." she gasps "I am so sorry I didn't know."
"You couldn't have known since I haven't told anyone yet." I answer.
"Can we at least become friends?" She asks me " I promise to keep this a secret until you are ready to come out but I feel very comfortable around you."
"I would like it if we were friends too."
She jumped up happy "great then I will see you tomorrow. Good night Taehyung." then she left leaving me alone in the cornfield. That was weird and sudden I think before looking up to the place she left, and I saw two people standing with her all three of them laughing. Could it be that she played me? then I shrugged off the thought she wouldn't do something like that. I looked up to the sky once more before making my way home to resolve the fight I had earlier with my brother. On the way I bumped into someone, I was about to fall but he catched me what made me looked up to apologize only to have my breath taken away by his beauty and two pair of brown eyes who looked down at me "Jungkook." I say speechless.