Chapter 10: Strategy

Song: Tortoise and the Hare by Stray kids

Taehyung pov:
"So we split up into three groups, two are our offense and one stays behind to protect the flag." Lisa suggest as strategy.
"I agree." Somin sides with her.
"I think it is a good plan." Chanyeol answers "But who will be the offense and defense."
"Well you with your muscles will definitely be de defense." Solar licks her lips.
"Yeah forging weapons and being Hephaestus child does that." he responds.
"My brother is right " Xiumin says flexing his muscles too
"Stop it you idiots this is not the time to flirt or flex your muscles." Sua scolds her brothers "We have a game to win."
I stopped paying attention to the bickering in front of me and looked over at Jungkook who was climbing a tree. I followed him with my eyes as he disappeared out of my sight. I walked over to the tree and climbed it up to be met with Jungkook staring of in the distance. "What are you doing?" I ask him.
He turned around and smiled at me "come closer." I did as he told me and went up until I sat next to him. Jungkook grabbed my chin and made me look to the other trees. I felt my heartbeat quicken as his fingers touched my jaw. "There." He smiled pointing into the distance, I followed his fingers to see a red flag inside a tree.
I felt a smile of my own appear on my face "You are a genius Kook."
"Kook?" Jungkook raises an eyebrow.
"It slipped sorry." I reply, "But we should go down and tell the others."
"Hm." He hummed "We should."

We climbed down only to see the others still debating who should stay here and who would go for the attack. "Can you tell them." Jungkook asks me.
"Why? You were the one who figured it out."
"I don't do well talking in front of a lot of people." He explains.
"Well time to get over your fear." I smile at him taking his hand and squeezing it "And I will be next to you the entire time."
He smiled and took a deep breath before letting go of my hand "I know where the flag of the other team is."
Our teammates stopped talking and looked over at Jungkook who was speaking up for the first time since he has been here. "Where?" Yoohyeon the daughter of Hestia asks.
"They hide it in a tree, so the best climbers need to be the ones who attack, I was thinking that the children of Hestia and Demeter should be the distracting unit.
"I agree I am a master of distraction." Solar winks what owned her a punch from her sister Yoohyeon.
"The Ares children and Somin will lead the attack." Jungkook continued "While the descendants of Hephaestus stay behind to protect our flag."
"I agree with Jungkook." Siyeon says smiling proudly at her brother's achievement of overcoming his fear. Jungkook turned around and smiled at me. I smiled back and since I only had eyes for the black-haired beauty, I didn't notice Siyeon eyeing the interaction between me and Jungkook with a small smirk on her lips.