Clint Barton || War Kiss

A/N: I had exams (scored a 97% in Math :D sorry I'm just way too excited about that) And depression is a bitch so writing is difficult.

This chapter might be trash cause I wrote it at the hospital on my phone.

Also I have a question: if I were to write a fiction with an Ftm reader, would it be any different from a male reader fan fic? Cause in the end, it's a male x male fiction. Educate me. Please.
Edit: I'm sorry idk what I was doing or what I was thinking when I wrote it.
I also felt guilty for not posting so I'm sorry for that.

T.W: idk swearing? (No smut)

(Y/N) and Clint were the best of friends, but both of them wanted more. It was not fact, at least, however the idea was frequently brought up to both parties by their friends. And when I say friends I mean the one and only (power couple if I may) Natasha Romanoff, and Tony Stark.
They were alike in every way, both headstrong, stubborn, and once they pick up an idea, they simply wouldn't let go.
And so it happened, driving (Y/N) up the wall. Every time, talking to Clint would be a pain because he could swear that he could feel Tony's eyes on his back, with that all knowing, kind of annoying smirk.
That being said, it was duly noted to all the Avengers that the sexual tension between (Y/N) and Clint was larger than Tony's ego.
Everyone was waiting for who would make the first move, and they were all fairly certain that each had feelings for the other.
Nothing happened.
Neither (Y/N) not Clint bothered to make the first move; they weren't even sure if the other liked them back.

Funny how love can blind your senses.
(A/N: I feel this line more than anything else, ok back to the story)

Every conversation they would talk, looking at into each other's eyes; flirting essentially, but not making the next move. Awkward shuffling, keeping a little gap between each other, looking down at the floor sometimes.
Ah yes, young love.
And nobody else prompted them. Tony and Nat could be stubborn, but this was one of the few times they kept their nose out of the problem and let Clint and (Y/N) go on their own, at their own pace.
During the battle of New York however, tensions were running extremely high. Everyone was stressed, pacing up and down the living room of the Tower, anxious, in wait. For no one could tell what Loki's next move would be. Where he would appear, who would he attack. So when the aliens came down, all hell broke loose. They attacked everyplace and everyone, leaping and sprinting like rabid dogs, ripping apart the fabric of normalcy that generally never hung around New York.
And that's when the action started.
Natasha leapt out of the building, pointing the middle finger at you all, nonchalantly; like it was nothing, and began causing havoc through the enemy. Hulk and Thor used brute force to take down the larger aliens, and Cap; naturally, Cap'n seemed to be taking a dual task of saving and killing, going on a rampage.
Clint took things down from a distance, jumping of ledges and rooftops, even directly attacking Loki.
Now (Y/N)... he was special. (Y/N) looked like a regular agent, however his skill set begged to differ. A fighter, with unnaturally sharp senses of smell, sight, hearing and his perceptiveness, brought him great praise for his ability.
He fought with great skill and agility like any warrior should.
Until he heard Clint calling his name.
It was a sort of wrangled cry, suggesting he was injured.
Fighting your way through obstacles you ran over to him, only to find him crouched behind an overturned car, an arrow in his shoulder, bleeding heavily. Having this injury meant he wouldn't be able to fight like before.
Your heart was racing and so was his, you could hear the deep thumps of his heart echoing, somehow drowning out the noise of the surroundings. A good of sound seemed to be created, and you could only hear Clint and yourself; shut away from everything that is chaos in the world.
"Help me take out this arrow"
Clint started. His voice wasn't hoarse, nor did he sound like he was in pain.
Brave. So very brave.
You looked into his face, with a knowing look.
It wasn't going to be easy.
With a bit of twisting and turning, and the occasional yelps of pain, you started to twist the arrow free from the layers of flesh and muscle that it had penetrated.
You were so close to Clint, neither of you could ignore the feelings anymore. Still staring into his eyes, going closer and closer,
"Can- can I kiss you?" Clint asked awkwardly, still looking into your face.
And his lips met yours, moving in perfect rhythm, breaking off after a couple of seconds.
"Next time, don't ask" you added, smiling at him.
"Come on, let's go. We've got a battle to win"