27

"Taehyung

"Taehyung..."

"I understand."

"What do you understand?" he looks taken aback and perplexed when I speak up.

"I understand if you don't want to forgive me, but I'll keep asking for your forgiveness until you've done forgiving me. I'm very sorry, Nari."

"Taehyung. You hurt me. Even physically when I wasn't sober. I don't expect an apology but why did you have to go to that extend of hurting a woman??" I know that came out very wrong, like I'm questioning his brought up. But I sincerely meant each and every word I spoke.

I clench my jaw and think of nothing when I catch his eyes and nose reddening.

"Taehyung." I hold his hand but he pulls it closer and begins crying right onto my tightly clutched hand.

"I'm so sorry. You don't know how sorry I was to myself since that day, Nari. I can't a-apologize enough, Nari-shi. Please forgive me. I don't feel anything, like I'm a rock since so many months. Please..." his subtle requests bring tears to my own eyes and I retract my hand.

"I- I forgive you, Taehyung." I say awkwardly and try to find an excuse to escape the situation.

"You must be late for practice. You can wash your face in there. It's an attached bathroom anyway." he look in the direction of my pointed finger and looks at it like it was an alien. I suppose he's never known about the bathroom.

"Yeah. I'll do that. But thank you, Nari. You don't know how much you've out me at ease." I give him a small smile, a total opposite of his wide boxy smile.

"I'll see you at night, maybe. Or Jin's preparing for you guys tonight...?"

"Hyung is making us dinner, thank you." he bows and leaves once he's looking normal. After he exited the room, I slumped back on the seat and hid my face in my folder arms on the table.

I did the right thing by forgiving him, right?

I hope so...

🍕🍔🍟

"Hey kid!" I mention Claire who was walking all alone in the parking lot, waiting for someone.

"You. What do you want?" honestly, I've already gotten used to her sassy attitude so I talk normally. Like I talk to a human.

"Nothing. Just wondering how would you go home."

"My driver must be coming to pick me up." she says and folds her hands, looking elsewhere.

"Oh. Okay." I say and walk to my car. For some reason, I don't start the engine but pretend to check on my phone in my car.

Half an hour passes by, and now I'm concerned. I lift my head to look at the kid's direction. It surprises me when I find her peeking at my stationed car.

Thought so.

I smile very minutely and climb out, walking towards her.

"Your driver hadn't come yet." I state the obvious, but she furrows her brows.

"He'll be here any minu—"

"You've been here for more than half an hour, Claire. Let me drop you at your house." her face contours again.

"But...how am I assured that you won't kidnap me??" I widen my eyes, letting out a snort but decide it will only scare her away.

"Oh my god. Alright, let's do this. Can you call your dad?"

"He is going to be working. He doesn't like me calling while he's working."

"Oh. Then give me his number. I'll call him and let him know." I suggest but she hesitates for a moment before she pulls her phone out and snatches my own from my hand.

O...kay?

"Here." she almost throws my device back at me and I try my best to calm myself down.

After a few rings, the line finally connects and the person on the other side speaks.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Hello, sir. This is Nari, Nari from BigHit. The dietician."

"Oh, Nari! Tell me, dear."

"Actually sir, your daughter's driver hadn't come to pick her up and I was wondering if I should drop her home myself." I say, expecting nothing.

"Oh is that so? Then please do drop her back at her house, dear. Thank you for the favour. I'll try to repay you back sometime."

"Oh no, sir. It's absolutely fine."

"Alright."

"Okay."

I cut the call and face her who looks at me with folded hands.

"Your dad told me to drop you home."

"Hmm." I smile to myself and let her trail behind me to her car. I find it necessary to open the car door for her but she's perplexed when I do so.

"Doesn't anyone open the door for you, sweetie?"

"They do but...never mind." she gets in anyway.

I go to the front and start the engine.

"Lead me through the directions, honey."

"Okay." her small voice answers.

It takes a few tens of minutes and just a few small conversations for the ride to end.

"You're home!"

"Thanks." she says and slams the car door shut, walking to her porch and searching for the keys in her backpack. Only when she gets inside, I exit from the driveway.

I drive straight back to my house and exhaustively throw my tired body on my eternal husband — The Bed.

I freshen up in fifteen minutes and go to the kitchen to prepare myself a greeny salad.

Netflix is on and I just sit on my couch when the phone beeps with a specific name and photo lighting up the otherwise dark room.

<Dan Calling>

Accept,

Or decline?

🍕🍔🍟

SHARE THE STORY YOU UNLOYAL FREAKS!
I WUV YOU ♡