♡ 7 ♡ ‹‹ driving ››

__________♥__________

Dream

__________♥__________

   'You can hug me if you want,' George giggled into his hoodie. Shoot was I being that obvious?! Why did he have to be so cute? My eyelids drooped slightly. I had woken up really early in the morning in Florida to catch this flight, and my sleep schedule was actually decent for once, so I was feeling drained and overall exhausted. It seemed like George was aware of this, and immediately grabbed my wrist and began dragging me towards the exit.

   Sooner or later, we were in his car and he was driving me back to his apartment. It was lightly drizzling, and the sound was oddly calming. George also had the radio on, but it was quite quiet. My eyes were half closed, when I peered over to see what George was doing in the driver's seat on the right. His fingers were tapping to the beat on the song on the steering wheel, as he drove the car on the motorway. The way the morning sun shone on his face was breath-taking. Okay, I really needed to stop simping for George.

   I turned my head towards the window in an attempt to distract myself from George, and it did for a while. I slowly lapsed into a light sleep, and everything was blur from then on.

   I suddenly felt someone shaking me gently, I opened both my eyes begrudgingly, blinking a few times. George was waking me up, his head tilted slightly to the left. I sat up, to see Costa. 'You want anything? I think you could do with coffee,' George pointed out, making me laugh a little. 'Their hot chocolate is good, but I'll pay,' I replied, stretching my muscles a little.

   'No, I will. You are a guest, so you are my responsibility.'

   'But I'm the one eating it, so I should pay,' I argued.

   'But I'll feel bad,' George responded, smiling in a persuasive manner. Something about that just made me give into him. I guess I really didn't want him feeling bad. 'Ok, stay here, I'll be right back,' he said, closing the car door behind him. I slumped back into my chair, glancing at the time on my phone. 11:30am?! I had slept for an hour and a bit, and I was still tired?! This was the one thing I hated about flying anywhere. Apart from the heights and the take-off, the jetlag was almost unbearable. It took two days for my body to become in sync with the time zone, and besides, I had a terrible sleep schedule.

   George was back briefly with my hot chocolate and I sipped at it, revelling the warmth and the taste in my mouth. He just sat there and watched me drink, making me feel a little self-conscious, but it didn't really bother me overall. I tried not to look at him, even though he was comfortable with staring at me. It hit differently when you stared at someone you liked, compared to someone who was your friend.

   George started the car again and I was around halfway through my hot chocolate. It was scalding, so I was careful to sip it very slowly and cautiously. It wasn't long before I finished my drink and we were back at George's apartment. I grabbed my suitcase and asked where I would be sleeping. I knew that George only had one bed in his apartment, so I assumed that either I'd be sleeping on the sofa, or George would let me share the bed with him, which was currently my dream, in a not creepy way.

   'You can sleep on the bed and I'll use the couch,' George suggested, his expression indicating that it didn't bother him whatsoever, however it did bother me. 'No, I'll use the couch, don't worry. It's your apartment anyway,' I answered, dropping my suitcase next to the sofa. George opened his mouth to protest, but closed it almost straight after. I liked how genuine his kindness was. Most people would have just said that because it was the polite thing to say. That was one of the many things I admired about him.

   'If you don't mind, I'm going to rest for a little longer,' my voice cutting through the silence. 'Haha, you don't have to ask me,' George replied, an amused expression appearing on his face. I practically threw myself onto the sofa, delighted at how comfortable it was, even though it didn't look it.

   I watched George as he set the kettle in the kitchen, and poured pasta into a saucepan. For some reason, watching him doing anything was mesmerising. Maybe it was because he was really graceful. Or maybe it was because I liked him. Either way, it calmed me.

   I was asleep in minutes. 

__________♥__________

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨,
𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺𝘦𝘥!

𝘐 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘯!

♡ 𝙑𝙞 ♡