♡ 12 ♡ ‹‹ glancing ››

__________♥__________

George

__________♥__________

   I dragged Dream on Nemesis Inferno and The Swarm before he could stop me. I found it particularly amusing when he screamed at the top of his lungs as The Swarm swooped down while turning. I also noticed that during the entire ride, he was tightly gripping my hand. That was the only thing I could concentrate on.

   Even after we got off the ride, Dream was still clutching my hand as if it was something he never wanted to let go of. He didn't realise it, but I did. All of these small things I caught sight of, after I knew Dream liked me was messing with my head. If I had never found out, I wouldn't notice all these minor details.

   Dream leaned on me as I dragged him towards the exit of the ride. 'That... that was not good...' Dream panted, blinking. 'Come on, stand up,' I beckoned, as Dream lifted his hand off my shoulder.

   'Can we go back please,' Dream pleaded, looking up at me. I rubbed my eyes and sighed. 'Yeah... ok... I'll drive us back.'

   A few minutes later, we were back in the car, pulling out of the car park. The sun was setting in front of us as I drove onto the motorway.

   'It's so beautiful,' Dream whispered. I glanced towards him, to see the sunset's reflection in his eyes. His lips were tugged into is small smile, while his skin radiated the light. I felt a slight tingle in my stomach.

   The sunset was beautiful. But I knew someone even more so.

   As I drove home, I couldn't help but glance at Dream every now and then. He wasn't asleep, but was on verge. I pulled into the car park and got out the car. I gently shook Dream, his eyes widening, as he ran his hand through his wavy, blonde hair. I offered him a hand and he took it, pulling himself out of the car.

   We entered my apartment, sighing with pure exhaustion. Dream chuckled half-heartedly, as he threw himself onto my couch. I wasn't ready to sleep just yet, so I sat down beside him and turned the T.V on.

   My attention span for the television was not long, as my eyes became occupied on something a lot more interesting. Dream had his elbow across the top of the sofa, his head supported by his hand. His eyes were fixed to the T.V, however his eyelids were drooping every now and then.

   I forced to tear my eyes away from his face, but I was almost entranced by his looks. His eyes caught mine in the spur of a moment, and I flicked mine away, but I could feel a pair of eyes looking longingly at me, as I sat trying to fight the urge to look back.

   I felt the atmosphere change into something more intimate. I clenched my fists with nervousness. I wasn't ready for this yet. I wasn't ready to do anything like this. It was too painful to sit here and wait for it to happen.

   I sat up. 'I'm going to my room. I'll see you tomorrow,' I said, with a snappy tone to my voice. I looked back towards Dream with the corner of my eye, to see him staring at the floor with shame and confusion. I felt bad, and wanted to go to comfort him, and tell him that there was no point in loving me, but I couldn't and wouldn't.

   Every step I took up the stairs was a memory of Dream and me. All the special ones. The ones on stream, off stream, at night, in real life. All the ones that meant something. It was just another reminder that I was his best friend, and he was mine. The one person I'd choose over anyone. The person that I loved with all my heart, as a friend of course.

   I wanted to cry. The stress was too much. It was taking a toll on my mental wellbeing. I felt like I would disappoint Dream, for not being the friend he fell in love with. But I felt like I was letting him down, by not liking him in the same way he liked me.

   I threw myself onto my bed face down and in my mind I was arguing, one side to the other. The volume was increasing with every second, and just before I thought my head was about to burst, I felt someone's hands around my shoulders.

   I turned over on the bed to see Dream lying next to me. I was in so much shock that I forgot how to speak. 'Thanks for the hug,' Dream replied sarcastically, and I smiled with an apology.

   There was a few seconds silence, where Dream probably expected me to speak, but I didn't. 'George... why are you crying?' he asked softly.

   I inhaled sharply, shaking my head. 'I'm not.'

   Even though it was too dark to see, Dream's hand extended outwards from the other side of the bed, wiping my cheeks with his thumb. I could feel my eyelids drooping, as I lapsed into a peaceful sleep. Dream stood up to leave the room.

   'I love you, George.'

__________♥__________

A.N: Poor George :( 

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨,
𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺𝘦𝘥!

𝘐 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘯!

♡ 𝙑𝙞 ♡