♡ 16 ♡ ‹‹ arguing ››

__________♥__________

George

__________♥__________

   I carefully folded the letter into quarters and placed in my pocket, feeling a sense of comfort after writing down my feelings. I knew at some point I'd have to give this to Dream, whether it was before he had to leave to go back to Florida, or if he were to leave earlier. He deserved a written apology to say the least.

   My stomach rumbled and I groaned. It was lunch time, and that meant going downstairs, which meant seeing Dream. I trudged down the stairs and walked into the kitchen, where he was sitting in the same chair he always would, scrolling through his phone. My heart warmed up, even though my blood turned cold at the same time.

   Dream looked up at me, and his face fell. 'There's no soup left, so I don't know what we are going to have for lunch,' he said, a cold tone to his voice.

   'I'll find something.'

   I walked over to the cupboards, where I kept tins and other easy meals which could just be heated in the microwave. I heard Dream sigh in the background, and I stopped shuffling through the tins for a moment before I began again.

   I closed the cupboard, as nothing in there was suitable for lunch. Dream's voice cut through the silence.

   'George, we need to talk.'

   I grumbled, still facing away from him, fiddling with something on the countertop. 'No we don't.'

   'We do. Why have you been avoiding me for the past few days?' he asked, a tone of sympathy laced in his words.

   My hand curled into a fist. 'Because I don't want to talk.'

   'Well we need to.'

   I snapped, turning around to face Dream. 'Why?!'

   'Because there is obviously something wrong, can't you see that?'

   I could see it. I could see it in more clarity than Dream could. 'There's nothing wrong, we are absolutely fine!'

   'Now you are just lying. Ever since we kissed...'

   'Don't bring that into this,' I snarled, gripping the countertop with both my hands until my knuckles turned white. Dream stood up.

   'That is the entire reason why we are arguing right now. Just talk to me, George.'

   'No.'

   'Tell me what's wrong.'

   'No.'

   'It's fine if you don't like me back, I just need you to say something,' Dream pleaded, looking towards me desperately. My eyes flitted up to see his face, and then they returned back to their original position, the ground.

   'I can't.'

   'Why not?'

   'I'm confused, okay?! I don't know whether I like you or not and it's killing me inside. I don't want to talk to you because I know that whatever I say will hurt you either way.'

   'But how are you still confused, I've given you three days to think through your feelings, and yet you aren't ready?!' Dream questioned, raising his voice.

   'No, I'm not! And I don't think I ever will be!' I yelled, pushing myself away from the countertop, towards Dream.

   'Please, just tell me George,' Dream murmured, extending his hand out towards my shoulder. Right then and there, I snapped, my blood boiling with rage.

   'Don't touch me!' I screamed, striking Dream's face with my hand. My anger simmered down, and I looked towards him, my face aghast. He was clutching the side of his face, as he recoiled. My hand tingled, and I looked at it with shock.

   I had just slapped Dream. I reached for him, however he stepped back, fear in his eyes. 'Don't come close to me. All you have done for the past few days is cause me pain and suffering. Now I know that I'll never be able to work it out with you.'

   He walked over to his corner of the living room, and began packing his stuff. I felt hot tears run down my face, and Dream glanced at me a couple times, his eyes now brimming with tears. My hand immediately went to my pocket, as I felt the letter I had written for him. This was the time where I had to give it to him. I walked towards him, wiping my tears on my hoodie.

   'Can I?' I asked, indicating that I wanted to hug him. I knew it was something Dream probably wouldn't agree to, considering I had just slapped him, however he quickly pulled me towards him, and held me tightly. I slipped the letter into his hoodie pocket as he spoke.

   'We just need some time to sort ourselves out. I'll be back someday.' 

__________♥__________

A.N: I'm sorry! Next update in a day or two :)

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨,
𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺𝘦𝘥!

𝘐 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘯!

♡ 𝙑𝙞 ♡