ISSUE #27

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

JANUARY 5 ISSUE CONT'D
SPRING INTERHIGH, PART TWO

——

KUROO TETSUROU GOT A 100
ON HIS LAST CHEMISTRY EXAM ☆

☆ KUROO TETSUROU GOT A 100ON HIS LAST CHEMISTRY EXAM ☆

Snap.

Suna ran up to block, snap. Kita was put in the rotation to change the flow of the game, snap. Atsumu served, snap. Aran easily hit past the blockers, snap. Hinata and Kageyama did their quick again, snap, and―oh, wrong team.

It was a cycle, to say the least. The longer the game went on, the sicker Iori felt. To be quiet honest, both teams were evenly matched; Inarizaki was well rounded as they were, but Karasuno worked well together and managed to ignore their booming marching band.

Iori didn't know when she began to assume the win would go to Karasuno, but once it had, she needed to take a minute and sit down. She tried to recall Kita's words―Osamu will like honesty more, or something like that―but it did little to help the ever-rising nerves that turned her stomach into a forest of butterflies.

Murderous, panicked butterflies.

Suna is going up for a good block, snap, but he didn't manage to actually block it, so she would have to delete it later. Yeah, Iori thought, a bitter thought flowing through her mind. They're gonna lose.

Karasuno was virtually unaffected by all of Inarizaki's fear tactics; the huge marching band, the offbeat rhythms, the booing―despite a few minor slip-ups during serves, they didn't do as much as they usually did.

It was the "unheard-of effect," as Iori's old coach had once said. The longer its been since you've made it to nationals, the more the opposing team underestimates you. Even if they're not trying to, that's what's going to happen.

As they moved onto the tail-end of the third set, Iori began to retreat farther back into the stands, prepared to make the fastest getaway she could. Back to the ice cream stand, where she would congratulate Karasuno and return Kiyoko's camera, where she would be able to hide for at least a little bit.

At least she wouldn't be required to hug everyone again (she was thankful Aran decided not to use the twin-motivation tactic, as, besides Osamu and Atsumu, giving everyone else a side-hug was quite awkward).

"Oi, Iori!"

Her head spun to the side, her eyes widening as she spotted a familiar face approaching her. Tsuru seemed to have gotten taller (or Iori had gotten shorter), and her hair had gotten longer. She'd dyed it a more ferocious shade of red, and it heavily resembled the color of some bold red lipstick.