ISSUE #31

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

APRIL 1, 2018
NEW BEGINNINGS

——

*.☽ AFTER GRADUATION,
UKISHIMA KOU BECAME AN
ESTABLISHED SET DESIGNER.

It was the little things that Iori noticed; such tiny details that she wouldn't have cared for in high school

It was the little things that Iori noticed; such tiny details that she wouldn't have cared for in high school. To be quite honest, Iori loathed her high school days more than anybody else in the world. They reminded her of an endless struggle, the seemingly endless suffering she had to endure.

And, yet, she couldn't help but miss the joys of youth. Especially when she stood outside the train station at 7 in the morning, surrounded by less-than-excited high school students who had to go back to school. There was an unmistakable scent of coffee, which seemed quite fitting for the dreary April morning.

She snorted. In an hour, Iori herself would be sitting at a desk in the front office of a Tokyo high school, working as a receptionist in a setting she once despised.

She sighed in disbelief, stepping onto the train with a dumb smirk on her face. You make the worst decisions, Aimoto Iori.

Meanwhile, her girlfriend sat happily (unhappily?) at home, preparing for her first year of med school. Iori would've chosen to prepare for med school over actually working, but this had been the life path she'd chosen, and it was her responsibility to deal with it now.

Iori managed to get a lone seat on the train, one of the last ones that was open. She sat down with a bag clutched tightly against her chest, scrolling through her phone with a bored look on her face.

She had a text from Tsuru; it was a wish of luck, paired with a smiley-face. Iori envied Tsuru a lot; she was living a dream life, pursuing something she was naturally good at. Also, her entire work-setup was in her (large) apartment in Osaka, so she seldom left her own home.

Iori also had a good luck text from Umeko, who also asked if she could pick up some instant ramen on the way home. Iori reluctantly agreed, wondering why Umeko couldn't do it herself—they didn't live far from the grocery store, but Iori supposed studying was taking up all her time.

The train ride ended as quickly as it began. She struggled to exit the train car, getting caught in the swarm of people trying to board. Luckily, she got out, brushing down her skirt and taking a deep breath.

Haiba Lev, an old acquaintance from high school, was on a couple of ads in the station, putting a small smile on her face. It was cool seeing her friends succeed, especially with Kenma. Iori enjoyed watching Kenma's rise to fame quite a bit—it was surprising to see him become such a household name.

As she walked out into the crisp, Tokyo air, she was met with an icy gust of wind. Iori managed to hear the swift click of her heels as she walked through the streets, passing by western-themed coffee shops filled with locals and tourists alike, marveling at some of the shops that were on her way to work.