ISSUE #29

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

A RETELLING OF MARCH 12, ONWARD
FIRST LOVE

——

AIMOTO IORI GOT A 95
ON HER LAST CHEM EXAM ☆

☆ AIMOTO IORI GOT A 95ON HER LAST CHEM EXAM ☆

Time moved slowly, to say the least.

Every day was long and unbearable, the same routine of class, coffee shop, and then home. She was slowly approaching the finish line, the race finally coming to an end.

She was set to leave for Okinawa the day after school ended, March 25th. That left thirteen days to deal with the final problem on Iori's plate.

She looked up from her bento box, eyes sweeping across the 4 other boys sitting at her makeshift lunch table (this arrangement had elicited a lot of mean words directed towards Iori, which had only increased the amount of stress she was under).

Ginjima was nodding off over his instant ramen, and Suna was taking pictures of him with the intent of blackmail.

Atsumu was scarfing down his food, barely chewing before he swallowed and went onto the next bite.

Then, Iori looked at the problem in question. He was happily eating whatever his mother had made him—his mom didn't usually make them lunch, so he'd been particularly excited—content with his current situation.

Iori wanted to slam her head into the desk. She was so frustrated with her current situation she could scream.

Thirteen days to work up the courage to end things off. Thirteen days to make resolutions, to resolve everything.

Thirteen short days.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

Three days passed, and Iori had finally come up with a game plan. On Sunday—which was tomorrow―she would finally go through with it. She'd planned a day with Osamu and everything, a last hurrah of sorts.

An apology, mostly, but still a last hurrah.

She was back at the same coffee shop with Yamada, and, having finished all of her homework during the study period, was calmly sipping her third cappuccino of the night.

"I think Osamu will understand," Yamada suddenly commented, looking up from his homework. "Really, he's a nice kid. Always has been."

"I suppose."

What a half-assed answer, Iori thought, taking another sip of her coffee. She continued staring out the window, watching the sun disappear from the horizon. Practice would be done soon, and, by extension, Ukishima would be arriving, ready to complain about the volleyball team once more.