ISSUE #28

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

NO MORE ISSUES!
A RETELLING OF JANUARY 11, ONWARD
WIND DOWN

——

UKISHIMA KOU GOT A 78
ON HIS LAST CALC EXAM ☆

Once again, Iori was sitting in a random cafe (located somewhere in Kobe, apparently not far from school), sitting across from Yamada and Ukishima

Once again, Iori was sitting in a random cafe (located somewhere in Kobe, apparently not far from school), sitting across from Yamada and Ukishima. The only difference was it was early in the morning, and she was barely awake enough to be at a cafe.

"So you guys just get coffee? Before school? Every morning?"

"Yeah," Ukishima nodded. "If you wanna walk with us, you're gonna have to get used to it! It's a rule."

"You only have to do it for a couple of months," Yamada quickly added, smiling assuringly. "If you don't want to, we can swing by after we leave here every morning—"

"Iori needs a reason to not go to bed at three in the morning, so we won't be giving her the benefit of the doubt," Ukishima decided, smiling contently as he took a sip of his cappuccino. "We need to discuss her game plan, anyway."

"Game plan?"

"Kogane," Yamada added weakly. "You guys are in the same class, right? What are you gonna do about that?"

"I think you should hope that you're back next to Atsumu. Just to rub it in a little bit more," Ukishima proclaimed, putting his hand on top of Yamada's. Iori found it to be quite a sweet gesture.

"I think the makeup you're wearing looks really nice," Yamada smiled. "The eyeliner suits you, I think."

"Ah," Iori smiled softly. "Kita said he liked it, and Aran agreed with him, so..."

It went silent for a moment, and Iori didn't understand why both of them looked so shocked. Ukishima put down his cup before he even took a sip of it. She tilted her head, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"What?"

"Kita complimented you? Kita is the reason you put on eyeliner?"

"I took Kita as someone who didn't compliment people often, so yeah, I guess he's the reason why..."

Yamada snorted, nodding. "You're not wrong, Kita doesn't compliment people often, but...I just wasn't expecting to hear you say a boy other than your boyfriend is the reason you put eyeliner on."

"What do you mean?" Iori questioned once again, frowning. "Why's that a big deal?"

"You're trying to impress Kita?" Ukishima scoffed, raising a single brow.

"What? No, I'm not," Iori gave him a judging look, "I'm quitting the newspaper club today...I'm not gonna be working with the volleyball team anymore."