One-Eyed Jack

The group head to the whale that is Flotsam.

Sally turns to Warwick, "Alright Warwick sniff out the tavern." Sally says, dead serious.

Warwick playfully salutes her before rushing up the wooden planks.

Sally and Rachel are careful where they step on the hazardous wooden planks.

Rachel tightens her hold on the leash she had put on Warwick.

Warwick stops in front a large bucket that lead up. The three climb into the basket that brings them up revealing a tavern to them.

The three enter the tavern and surprised to see not many people inside. But then again it was the morning.

Warwick rushes to the bar the minute he saw what drinks they had. 

Rachel rolls her eyes at Warwick and goes to sit next to him while Sally goes up to the barkeep rabbit dressed in red.

"Excuse me, do you know a One-Eyed Jack?" Sally asks adjusting her scarf glancing at her pet bird who was keeping lookout near the window.

"One-Eyed Jack? Sure I know him! He's my uncle, see, and he owns this place. What's your business with Jack? Maybe I can help you."  Barkeep Flopsy said with a prideful smile.

"Well we need him to find Ratbeard." Rachel said tugging back on the leash that Warwick was currently trying to bite his way through.

"Ratbeard? I know nothing about that. Ya just missed Jack- he's gone to collect... uh... rent on the other establishments he owes here." Barkeep Flopsy said nervously avoiding the question.

Sally and Rachel give each other the side eye knowing that the Barkeep was hiding something from them.

"Head on over to the Flop House and talk to Sally-" Barkeep Flopsy said.

Rachel and Warwick, who was now free from his leash, eye Sally amused as she sighs and shakes her head.

"Jack ought to have made it there by now. If I see Jack, I'll tell him you're looking for him!" Barkeep Flopsy said causing Sally and Rachel to nod.

Rachel was already out the door having handed Sally the leash. Sally stops upon not feeling the tug from the leash, she turns and sees Warwick eagerly drinking root beer and buying as much alcohol as he could and bite marks in the broken leash.

Sally sighs and grabs the drunk Warwick by the back collar of his shirt and drags him out the door.

**

The group poke their head through a door, "Sally, time's come to pay the piper. Ratbeard sends his regards!" A minions shouts causing Sally and Rachel to wince and jump thinking they were caught but they see a horse in pink.

The girls exit from the door and stare upon realizing the minion meant the horse.

Sally, the horse, takes notice of the girls, "You there! Lend me a hand here?"

The girls pull out their weapons and rush into the fray while Warwick walks in stumbling everywhere. He falls face first into the wooden planks.

Sally and Rachel look back at Warwick and shake their heads before going back to fighting.

Upon taking down the majority the rest of the minions run for their lives. The girls sheath their weapons. 

Mustang Sally turns to the girls with a kind smile, "Thanks, strangers! I owe you a favor."

"In that case do you know where One-Eyed Jack is?" Rachel asks hopefully.

"One-Eyed Jack? Haven't seen him, not today at least." Mustang Sally tells them as Warwick stumbles over to Sally and climbs onto her back knowing she'd be able to lift him.

Both girls deflate at the news.

"Thanks for the help, Pirates. Ratbeard, he's no end of trouble." Mustang Sally explains glaring at the thought of Ratbeard.

Sally and Rachel narrow their eyes also catching Mustang Sally's attention. "Oh you know him? If you see him, belt him one for me!" Mustang Sally said said playfully punching the palm of her hand.

"Now, where were we? You're looking for One-Eyed Jack. Talk to Ned over at Ned's Galley: Jack's often there." Mustang Sally told them getting a confirming nod from the girls before they head out.

***

"Geez, Warwick are you getting heavier?" Sally asked looking over her shoulder at the drunk older male.

"Maybe~" Warwick said with a slur.

Rachel rolls her eyes and opens the door to Ned's Galley.

Ned takes notice of the group, "Did One-Eyed Jack send ye? Hold yer fire, young Pirate! Go tell 'im I'll have 'is money in two day's time. Word of honor."  Salty Ned said.

"I'm liking this One-Eyed Jack guy, he don't play with his money. Unlike the idiot on yer back." Rachel told Sally who smiles and shakes her head.

Sally turns to Salty Ned, "Relax we're not here to collect his money, we're just trying to find where he is." 

"What's that? Oh yer lookin' fer Jack, are ye? Who did send ye? The Barkeep? I don't follow ye. Wait... Let me guess. White rabbit? Eye patch?" Salty Ned confirms.

"Uh, Sure..." Rachel said after she and Sally glanced at each other.

"Har! Yer chasin' a wild goose, Pirates! The Black Spot Barkeep is One Eyed Jack! He's a crafty one, Jack is." Salty Ned said laughing.

Rachel and Sally's eyes twitch in annoyance.

"WHAT THE FUCK YE SAY!" Warwick shouts surprising the group and causing Sally to wince at him shouting in her ear.

Warwick then goes back to being passed out on Sally's shoulder.

"I can't believe ye fell fer it. Ye were talkin' to a one-eyed jackrabbit, ye know. Har! A friend o' mine has a ship to sell ye..." Salty Ned trails off upon seeing the group was no longer there.

*

"Oh don't we look foolish! Let's get back to the Black Spot, Captain- we'll show Jack what's what." Warwick said still in a drunken haze.

Sally and Rachel rush into the tavern and see One-Eyed Jack cleaning his glass, the tavern was completely empty minus himself and the group.

One-Eyed Jack looks up upon hearing the bell above the door ring. He winces at the look on Sally and Rachel's face.

"Ah, so you've found me at last, eh? Sorry about the deception, but a rabbit my age can't be too careful." Jack says giving them a sheepish smile.

Rachel rushes forward at Jack with Sally.

Jack winces expecting Rachel to hit him. Sally throws Warwick on one of the couches in the middle of the tavern before sitting at the bar with Rachel.

"I would be pissed but I respect you, for some reason." Rachel said narrowing her eyes at Jack who gives her a playful wink causing her blush and look away.

Sally seeing the interaction raises an eyebrow at the two and looks back at Warwick and her pet bird, Locket.

Locket was sitting on the sleeping Warwick's back and watching the group in silence.

"Now, on to business." Jack said putting down the glass he was cleaning.