PROLOGUE

June 19, 2570 B.C.

King Khufu's Palace

1314 hours

King Khufu leaned back on his gold plated throne. Everything was fine. It was a relaxing afternoon, and he was enjoying it. No stupid complaints from the citizens, nobody to execute. He sipped his drink and thought about the wondrous life that lay ahead. So many things to be done. But now, he just sat there, calmly relaxing his overworked mind, observing the exquisite pillars and grandness of the room he was in.

Suddenly, his advisor barged in the room.  He  was a nervous little man, always sweating and stuttering. But he had good ideas, so the King kept him. The king could tell from his body language that something was wrong. 

"What's wrong, advisor," he asked.

"er- um.. S-S-Some-er. Something happened today, sir"

"Yes, I can tell." said the King. "But what happened! Give me the details!"

"Well, y-you see, it's - um - very thing."

"Is proper grammar too much for that big brain of yours!" The king was starting to grow impatient.

"W-Well, I'd better let him explain." His advisor quickly shuffled out of the room. So much for him.

A farmer walked in. Khufu noticed that parts of his sleeves and pants were burnt. The farmer kneeled before him and started to speak.

"My lord, I was workin' on my field this morning. I saw this thing streaking above be. At first, I thought nothing of it. But the thing landed on my field. It seemed to contain massive power. It burnt my entire field! I barely escaped!"

The king thought about it for a moment. He smiled, this might be a good thing after all.

"Well, Mr.Farmer, where is this object right now?"

"It's still on my field"

"Well, since I'm a generous guy, I'll give you a new farm. But first, let me-er-examine your burnt farm for a moment." the king said. "You are dismissed."

The farmer shuffled out of the room. 

"Yes, yes" he said to his advisor, who was listening to this whole conversation behind the wall. "I have an idea. This item that contains tremendous power..."

"Yes?" asked the advisor.

"For years I have not been able to think of how to create my magnificent pyramids. I have an idea now. We will harness its power, whatever it is. We will build something. This will be the golden age of the fourth dynasty of Egypt!"