The Group - Kylie

Kylie ran through the woods, breathing heavily. Running away from the orphanage for the 7th time, she didn't know where she could go. She heard footsteps coming from behind her, and she quickly moved on.

She checked her inventory. A few nutrition bars, some fruits, a flashlight, a first aid kit, and a small but sharp knife for emergencies.

Kylie hungrily devoured a nutrition bar, and ran on into the woods. Suddenly, a flashlight beam pierced through the cool night air. She quickly grabbed a sharp stone, and did some mental calculations. She finally threw the sharp stone, and she heard a satisfying crack as it hit the flashlight, rendering it unusable.

More voices. They were getting closer. Kylie managed to hold back a sob. All her life, running and hiding, unable to be part of a group, unable to make any friends. 

She spotted a vent on the ground, which was weird, since it was out of place, and unable to do much good. Nevertheless, it was a safe haven for her. She opened the vent, which was surprisingly spotless and clean, and ducked inside. 

She took out her flashlight, and shone it around. This place was better than anywhere she could've hoped for! There wasn't a single smudge of dirt, and there were many places to hide and keep warm.

She shone her flashlight at the nearest wall, but there was none! She realized that this place wasn't just an underground room, it was a corridor. Maybe it was her curiosity, or maybe she just wanted something to do, but she traveled down the corridor. As she did, the concrete floor slowly turned into carpet, and the walls became wood rather than stone.

She arrived at a door with a keypad combination lock. 

Shouldn't be too hard,  she thought

She took out her knife, and opened the keypad. She played with the wires a bit, and observed the circuits. She did some complex calculations and connected a few wires. This keypad lock was like nothing she had ever seen before! After 30 minutes, the door opened with a small hiss, and Kylie walked inside.

She wandered through a maze of corridors, until she found a small place to hide. Covered by the darkness, Kylie was almost invisible to see. She laid her backpack under her head like a pillow, and she went to sleep

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She woke up to hear voices near her. She heard a deep voice say "You" menacingly, and then another voice said "You" with the same menace.

Then she heard people fighting, shouts and blows.

She was sitting stock still for the entire time, listening through the wall. SHe heard snatches of conversation, but she couldn't pick up the main idea.

Then, she heard a sharp BANG as something, or someone, hit metal.

Then she heard footsteps as people walked down a corridor to her.

They were getting closer. Should she trust these people?

She decided the answer was a yes. If these people could help her...that was great, but if not....she was dead meat.

She decided to take the risk. She jumped out of her hiding place, and said a simple

"Hi."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok ima stop here for now. Also kylie_h5, your officially in the book, congrats. I'm going to add the others as the book continues. :)