Discussion

Location Classified

1330 hours

I woke up in an alley somewhere in the town. I could see the hotel from the alley, so I wasn't far. But there was a more important question to be answered. Who was the attacker?

I turned around to reveal my attacker. It was none other than Erica Hale.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"To free you from Joshua, what did you think I was doing." she replied.

"But I thought you got captured by Joshua."

"Really, he said that? He probably thought I ran away or something, and you didn't know where I was. So he probably told you I was captured to lower your morale so you would be more vulnerable to interrogation."

"Oh. That actually worked. I told him I didn't know what his plan was. I didn't know if the CIA knew about this, and he got really mad and didn't interrogate me further." I said.

"Yes, I heard that part. The CIA doesn't know about the mission. Even though most of the moles are rooted out, we can't risk letting Joshua know. But he already knows, so it doesn't really matter."

"Why'd you run away when you said you were going to meet me." I asked.

"I knew this was a trap set up by SPYDER. So-" started Erica.

"You didn't warn us and let us get captured?!" I exclaimed, starting to get a little mad.

"It was all part of the plan. I wanted to warn you that it was a trap and for you to play along. Grandpa already knows. I ran away to do some investigation. I told you to come to my room because I was going to tell you to play along. But I thought again and realized you weren't the best at faking people out, so I decided to run away so you would get confused. I left my work there for Grandpa to find."

"Gee, I feel very useful here." I commented sarcastically.

"Anyways, as you know, while Joshua was interrogating you guys, I snuck in and got more information on SPYDER's plan. I decided to get you out of there."

"Uh- thanks." I said. "That's very um- nice" my face probably turned a bright shade of red.

"I saved you so I could tell you the information. Nothing else." she said.

"SPYDER has several documents containing information on a type of rare space metal. It apparently contains enough energy to power the entire Earth for 20 billion years. This device also helped create the Great Pyramid of Giza, the Great Wall of China, many different gigantic statues, and many cathedrals. There was one word I wasn't sure about. It said "Croatoan". I'm not sure what that means, but I'm sure it will be important somehow."

I thought about the words on Erica's stolen documents.

"Were the documents you stole the one's in the room?" I asked.

"No." said Erica. "The one's in my room were different. Unimportant stuff, mostly. I skimmed over them. Just some energy reports."

"Really" I said. "Then why did I catch the word-" I paused for a moment for the suspense.

"What word?!" asked Erica impatiently.

"Bomb"