Set-Up

Pacific Ocean

3 days earlier

SNEAK PEEK CHAPTER

The person dropped the last item into the water.

"And that's it boss-man" he said into the headset.

"Alright" said a voice into his ear. "It's complete. Now let's get out of here."

"Not yet, sir." said the person. "I'm sensing a hostile object coming this way."

"What are you picking up?" asked the voice.

"U.S. submarine. Coming at 30 knots. Straight towards our site."

The voice cursed loudly. "Well then, we have to blow it out of the water. You know we can't risk our plans being found."

"Alright sir. I have some explosives here, but it might destroy our object. Our plans are always so delicate. One mistake can make a difference."

"Fine then. divert it's attention somewhere else. You have a flare gun?"

"Yes sir."

"Shoot a flare 300 meters away, that'll give the object enough time to burrow itself and us to escape."

"Fine," he said, and he fired the flare.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The captain of the submarine had detected strange activity going on in the water. He decided to check it out in case of emergency. He powered his sub forwards, and tried to reach the strange signal showing up on his radar.

He was almost there when a flash 150 meters away. 

"What was that?" asked one of his crew members.

"A flare. Either someone needs help, or this is a diversion."

"We can't risk people dying, cap'n" said the crew member.

"Alright then. Let's go check it out."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And the diversion worked." said the voice, not even showing a hint of happiness.

"The object needs 1 more minute to burrow in, sir. I'll hop out in the meantime."

The person climbed up the ladder of a plane that landed, and climbed aboard.

"Nice job." said the pilot. "I guess Murray Hill is back in action."